ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Broke a bleed nipple + fitting braided lines help

Right...

Broke a bleed nipple off my on my PH1 172 on the front caliper... anyone know where to get replacements and know what they are without having to take the broke one in?

Second... fitting the rear braided lines- am I right in thinking I need someone with a brake line making tool and appropriate fittings as the flexi pipe is a crimp??

J

trying to get what's left of the nipple out of the caliper may be real nause. should be able to get bleed screws over the counter but ideally want to be taking the one from the other side to be sure you're getting an identical screw - needs to be the right threaded length as well as thread

Second... fitting the rear braided lines- am I right in thinking I need someone with a brake line making tool and appropriate fittings as the flexi pipe is a crimp??
J

I think you are looking at the wrong pipe. You need to change the two pipes that are next to each other where the hoses leave the suspension arm and attach to the body. The crimped one is not the one to change as it doesn't flex. Though I did wonder why it is like that myself.

It is not the pipe over the rear caliper.

Last edited:
  53 Clio's & counting
ring fred mate if you need help, knows his stuff!

you can get the bleed nipples out, i broke a rear one off, and the guys at work used a small drill bit type thing , and it unwound it, and i got a new nipple from renault - job done

Cheers for your help guys...

I'm confused by the pipe as its the only one I could see that was a flexi pipe and defo has a crimp connection on it...

Lionel Richie
Cheers for your help guys...

I'm confused by the pipe as its the only one I could see that was a flexi pipe and defo has a crimp connection on it...

stick your head under the car just in front of the passenger side rear wheel, the rear lines are just in front of the axle

Rearbrakeline.gif

Is it the one in thin air which is CLEARLY crimped? ( I am assuming if not this is for ABS return?)
Is it the one to the right of the coil???

Cheers

That will please my mate then, only going to need to remove the bleed nipple and not have to make any pipes up.. thank f**k...