ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Just a little update as I've done a great deal of f**k all on it tbh. I've made a heat shield to divert some of the radiant heat away from the inlet and the coil on plug setup.
I've also fitted the gearbox, so now everything is sitting on it's mounts and all bolted up.
Here's a couple of pics:
image.jpg
image.jpg

More to come as and when I can be arsed! Lol!

Inferno 225 cup
I have my moments. Lol!

Yeah I think they're a lot easier than the jc5's from what I've seen. Wouldn't be for fitting a diff by any chance?!

Lol! Thanks mate!

I've bought an r26 box.

for my piece of mind before fitting I want it looked at to make sure everything's ok with it. If not then probably rebuild.

Daren't risk just dropping it in. :(

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Ooh almost forgot, I've upgraded a few items already. These should be arriving tomorrow. Nothing impressive, just something for if I need more power. Lol!

And a cheeky edit: ordering a f**king oil filler cap tomorrow! Keep forgetting!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Where's the brake reservoir going dude?

This just gets better and better.
The brake reservoir is still in the original position mate where you find it in any other Clio. It's just hidden on mine by the nimbus. The coolant reservoir was what I had to relocate and it's now residing in its new home.

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
The brake reservoir is still in the original position mate where you find it in any other Clio. It's just hidden on mine by the nimbus. The coolant reservoir was what I had to relocate and it's now residing in its new home.

Ah, ok. Just wondered if you would move it where you might put it.
Guessing the nimbus will provide suitable heat protection then?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Ah, ok. Just wondered if you would move it where you might put it.
Guessing the nimbus will provide suitable heat protection then?
There's nowhere I could put it now mate unless I put it as a remote servo similar to what was found on novas and stuff.
Yeah the nimbus should help a lot, or at least I hope so. Having no skin on the underside of the bonnet will also help to get the heat out. I don't want to vent the bonnet if I can help it as it alerts people to something different lurking under there. :wink:

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Taking shape now, you putting the wiring off as long as possible
Yeah definitely mate. Still a lot of fit, measure/check, remove, adjust, refit and check to do though.
Noticed today that the ecu can't sit on the gearbox mount anymore thanks to the airbox, so I'll have to seek an alternative place to fit it. I need everything in place before I can start the wiring to get all the routing correct. Definitely not bothered by wiring mate!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Done a bit more today. Starting to fit things now and not have to remove them which is a bonus. Still plenty to do, but it's starting to look like an engine bay again.
image.jpg
There's not much space left!!
image.jpg
I've fitted the forge coolant hoses so I can see the route they take and if they need any clearance adjustments. Only the thermostat bleed off pipe to modify which is a bonus!

More to come.