ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[QUOTE="He charges £170 to remove the tyres, acid dip, repair where necessary, paint and refit & balance the tyres mate. His work is outstanding as well tbh. My 15's were done by him.[/QUOTE]

Is that in any colour and does that include centre caps ?

I like the wheels. Interesting that your're going against the norm and getting 16s. Will these be just road wheels or track wheels too?

Are you planning a sexy caliper upgrade too at some point by any chance :p ?

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
Nothing to update on the dairy milk progress, I couldn't be arsed today. Thought I'd show off my latest delivery and I fully expect it to divide opinion.

My track wheels are 15" turinis and tbh I think the car looks better on 16's. I know it's not about looks, but as with the engine, I like to go against to general consensus!!
I've bought a set of 16" superleggeras that will be painted in the green that adorns the inlet manifold and other items on the car. The wheels will be wrapped in a tasty set of 205/45 kuhmo V70a's in medium compound.

Time to try something different!!View attachment 127708

More to come!
just set my car tp the 40mm drop the rollcentrekit is designed around, and I remember you stating somewhere you were running lower than that.......how the ^%^%$$# do you keep your wheels from rubbing mate
Just the spring rate?
or no archliners or something?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I like the wheels. Interesting that your're going against the norm and getting 16s. Will these be just road wheels or track wheels too?

Are you planning a sexy caliper upgrade too at some point by any chance :tongueout: ?
These are going to be my track wheels mate. 16" turinis for the road and 16" superlegs for track.
No plans for caliper upgrades either. Means you have to run spacers, of which I'm not a fan.

This needs to be running. Chop
Chop bumnugget. X
I'm on it! Can't rush perfection though! Lol

just set my car tp the 40mm drop the rollcentrekit is designed around, and I remember you stating somewhere you were running lower than that.......how the ^%^%$$# do you keep your wheels from rubbing mate
Just the spring rate?
or no archliners or something?
Yeah it's don't on the spring rates mate. I still run arch liners too! The main area of issue is is the bumper brackets. Cut them off and shave the bumper edges and wing mounts. I had to do this on @Cub.'s car too. It's only plastic so it'll cut nice and easy.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Finally had some free time today so I've managed to get the gearbox built up and ready to throw in the hole. Few pics for anyone that's looking in on the thread:

All shafts in along with selector shafts:
image.jpg

Then on with the outer casing:
image.jpg

On with the shorter megane 5th gear:
image.jpg

And finally, on with the end cap:
image.jpg

So there we have it, one fully rebuilt quaife diffed jc5! If I get time this weekend I'll throw it in the hole, but it all depends on what the fun police has pencilled in.

More to come and still plenty left to do!

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Genuinely astonished by your skills. Seriously impressive build you have going on here.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I'm going to try and break something on the scooby just so I can give it to you to fix.

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
I'd a thought you would of gone with a gripper diff rather than quaffie?

Looks really good tho, be good to see it fired up.

Clio 200
Cheers, there seems to be a fair few looking forward to seeing it run. Myself included!

Too right, I need to see if I should invest in some R3 cams!! Though I'll be very keen to see where your idle is at with them. Simo on 197.net says his is 1400rpm with them, not sure that'd get through an MOT?

Clio 200
Fair play, makes life alot easier! Tbh I am disappointed that my 403's don't sound lumpy :( Def should have gone 404's from the catcam range at least.

Clio 200
Boost if all else fails! :wink:

No, sacrilege! Don't become a boost bandit!!

You'd probably want to stick low comps in anyway if you did that, plus R3 cams probabaly have too much overlap so you'll be wasting a lot of time and money to setup it up on boost properly. If all else fails..... ITB's (you know it's only right :D)