ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Done a bit more today. I'll just leave these here.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Now don't go getting excited! There's still no gearbox in there, so the majority of that lot is coming back out. I just wanted to see what it looked like. Lol!
I've done the bulkhead heat shield today so the engine was removed to get better access. Pleased with the results.
@rich83 this is why I have no desire to run ITB's!

Clio 200
Now that does look epic! Sort of makes me wish I'd got an R3 airbox, didn't want to move the battery though.

Any trouble fitting the PMS manifold to the mk3 head? or do the flanges match?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Now that does look epic! Sort of makes me wish I'd got an R3 airbox, didn't want to move the battery though.

Any trouble fitting the PMS manifold to the mk3 head? or do the flanges match?
I rest my case! Battery relocation is simple as well tbf. There's probably enough space in the scuttle panel for a battery to fit in?

No mate no problems at all. The flanges are all the same across the range. Interestingly though, the 197 head is wider than the 1*2 one. Only slightly, but it's wider.

Clio 200
I rest my case! Battery relocation is simple as well tbf. There's probably enough space in the scuttle panel for a battery to fit in?

No mate no problems at all. The flanges are all the same across the range. Interestingly though, the 197 head is wider than the 1*2 one. Only slightly, but it's wider.

Ah right thats lucky then, shame the inlets arn't.

I have got a smaller dry cell but it's on the larger side of them, my car is used for all duties so didn't want to risk something too small. Also the boot usually has s**t in it and with the kids getting their school bags in and out the car on the school runs, I don't want a battery back there unless I can help it. Mind I'm happy with my induction now I have got rid of the awful ITG that was on there that cost me a ton of power!!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Ah right thats lucky then, shame the inlets arn't.

I have got a smaller dry cell but it's on the larger side of them, my car is used for all duties so didn't want to risk something too small. Also the boot usually has s**t in it and with the kids getting their school bags in and out the car on the school runs, I don't want a battery back there unless I can help it. Mind I'm happy with my induction now I have got rid of the awful ITG that was on there that cost me a ton of power!!
Yeah quite annoying that they're different tbh!
You'd need a redtop 30 battery ideally as a 25 would be too small. There's a x85 cup racer battery and cage for sale in the for sale section!
Forgot to ask is that a custom rad ?
No mate eBay special that I've adapted for my car.

Splendid stuff Mark
Cheers Sonny!

how bigs ur oil cooler, will it mount on top of the rad and run from the cooler side ?
Oil cooler is tiny mate, but it's a laminova cooler so it doesn't need to be in the airflow. It's cooling comes from coolant passing through it and it transfers the heat out of the oil.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
You would only regret it and for the sake of a few days it's not worth it.
Looking at the air feed on the air box is your grille is going to cover the opening?
Exactly mate.

No it's already been modified to suit mate. This inlet has been fitted to my original engine so I could get the majority of the fettling done. It all fits nice and subtle. :wink:

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Epic, epic build.

I was watching your ring video the other day (steady).

Oh, mum says you need to put your collar down. In her day that meant you were a bit, Ya Know....

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Lol I'd like to compare one day.

I don't think mine could go any closer either tbf.

Looks good though :)

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
It runs without the turbo plugged in. Still yet to test it with the new coolant setup going through the turbo though.

I'm getting there, couple of teething issues but all in good time. The ABS is driving me mental atm tbh.

Btw. Battery is in the scuttle on my Meg just FYI :)

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
It runs without the turbo plugged in. Still yet to test it with the new coolant setup going through the turbo though.

I'm getting there, couple of teething issues but all in good time. The ABS is driving me mental atm tbh.

Btw. Battery is in the scuttle on my Meg just FYI :smile:
You'll get there mate. Just takes time and patience.