ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Borderlands

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'd get this for PC - but I might wait. Simply have got too much with Fallout 3 to complete and a few others. Plus, L4D2 will be here in a few weeks as well. :)

D.

Nothing at the mo :(
it doesnt make you wanna sit there and play it.... assassins creed 2 was awesome.. so was god of war 3.. but baring in mind the queue for all games pretty big at times, never a big one for borderlands.... didnt jump out at you.. more of a rental then to buy it

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Disagree with guy who said it was s**t, the onyl thing thats a bit s**t is the ending its a bit disappointing (but i think it leads into another game), the game itself imo is awesome, thousands of different weapons etc, multiplayer is awesome (you work together to complete the SP basically but more people = harder monster = better loot), the SP is alot longer than most games these days it took me a good while to complete although that was because it had alot of "fluff" missions that just waste time but get you some nice weapons n stuff.

I'd highly recommend it tbh.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Hmmm - I'm not too convinced by Borderlands, tbh. I've only tried single player so far, which I guess is its major failing, but I'm a little pissed that I have to start messing around port-forwarding, when PC games are so past that crap now.

As for the game itself, it doesn't have the instant appeal of say Team Fortress 2, but neither does it have anywhere near the depth of Fallout 3. I tried to compare it to L4D, but at least with that, I enjoy the single player campaigns with the AI for assistance.

It reminds me a lot of the way Hellgate-London plays. Plenty of potential, scope and options to be had, but ultimately it feels bland to me.

I'm not going to completely condemn it yet until I've given online a bash - but I can't see me commiting to it much. Shame really.

D.

Clio 182FF
Can vouch for this game being superb. Really good fun! My fave weapon are pistols with scopes on them. :)

May I add I have the PC version.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Bought this game and MW2 but not yet had a chance to play either.. still playing Fallout3 !

So its not as good as Fallout 3 but still a decent game ? I just liked the idea of a coop being able to jump in and out throughout the game.

a friend recommended me this and i've rented it - initially unimpressed, but it's now starting to come alive - takes a few hours to warm to it

might actually buy this one

Completed it once and halfway through a second time, got all the achievements without too much hassle too!
Would defo recommend it!
Especially for co-op!

can i ask you a quick question? i'm lvl.22 at the minute and think i'm close to leaving the second area (with skagzilla in it) - how much more's left? just wondering if i should rent for another week, or buy

really enjoying this - very addictive

Clio 182
can i ask you a quick question? i'm lvl.22 at the minute and think i'm close to leaving the second area (with skagzilla in it) - how much more's left? just wondering if i should rent for another week, or buy

really enjoying this - very addictive

You still have quite a bit left to do. Plus you can play the whole thing again with everything on high levels.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Its a longggg game. By the 2nd area, you mean you've only just got into the 2nd zone, the one with the buggies going round all over the place? arid badlands or something? If thats the case, you've got a LONG way to go, i was about lvl 40 by the time i finished it. It really depends, if you do all the side quests etc which i did, it goes on forever.

Mine will be waiting for me when i get home, how is the online and what is the onlijne like? COD Halo or what?

AK

M240i
It's like Halo IIRC you play Co-op online...

I never got it to work with Bio and Plummer for some reason, wouldn't let me connect.

maybe that's why i don't like it as much cause i only managed it on Single player mode?

White Sti Hatch
Bought the DLC the other night still havent played it though will give it a go before i head to pub !!!

It's like Halo IIRC you play Co-op online...

I never got it to work with Bio and Plummer for some reason, wouldn't let me connect.

maybe that's why i don't like it as much cause i only managed it on Single player mode?

Id say so its a right laugh in co op !

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
WhyTF do you have to enable port forwarding on the multiplayer PC version? That's like giving a new owner of a car a hand-crank rather than an ignition key.

Fcuking lazy b***ards. What, because it doesn't use the sacred XBox Live, online PC players have to configure it themselves?

Fcukwitts. :dead:

D.

only just started playing this on friday level 20 at the moment its a bit easy so far (apart from sledge i found him a bit of a challenge)

anyway anything i should look out for ?

Lee

BMW M2C
I'm on my second play through with some of the lads at work during lunch. I should hit level 40 today. I'm not so sure I'd enjoy playing it on my own though, part of the fun is 4 of us and a bit of banter.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'm on my second play through with some of the lads at work during lunch. I should hit level 40 today. I'm not so sure I'd enjoy playing it on my own though, part of the fun is 4 of us and a bit of banter.

I think that's the key to this game. On your own, it gets boring quite quickly I think. Going co-op would no doubt add to the enjoyment factor - as long as you could get multiplayer working in the first place. ;)

D.