ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bonnet wont open

Mk2 172
The pull is OK, but it isn't releasing the bonnet.
I am guessing I will need to go in from the front.

Is it best to cut the grille on the left or right side, to get the bonnet open?

Any hints?

Mégane RS
what do you mean by its not releasing it, is it not releasing when you pull the catch inside the cabin?

Mk2 172
Yup Vinny,
When I pull the lever by the passenger foot well.
There is no click, the bonnet doesn't rise slightly.

Have a fiddle around pushing the bonnet up and down and side to siede.
mine did it for some time got Renault to fix it it just needed lubricating and geasing up the lock and a adjustemnt of the catch.

Mégane RS
hmm, get someone to pull the bonnet up at the front while you pull the catch, might do the trick

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Why do you need to open it?

Cant you leave it till its next service? then the garage will have to figure it out, pay for/ replace parts?

Mk2 172
I need to fill the washer bottle, and want to change the front disks/pads.

Martins of Basingstoke, are hardly likely to fix something for me for free. They are likely to charge me for a new cable/catch/pulley/2hrs work.

Same thing happened to mine, Renault had to take the front bumper off to get it open!

It was a faulty mechanism, replaced under warranty.

They also forgot to plug the fan back in! So my car overheated when I drove it home....

Even Renault in Australia suck

tiTTy & SV650
common problem i guess, happened to my sisters 1.2 Grande and my mums 1.2 Dynamique, the lever pulls but the cable doesnt fully release the catch. I used wd40 to free it up then put plenty grease in

Mk2 172
I thought you had to get under the bonnet, to get the front bumper off.
Be nice if i could fix it without cutting the front grille.

Cheers,
Elliot,