ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cigarette lighter/12V socket

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
My car isn't getting much use so I want to buy a trickle charger to keep the battery alive. Due to living in a flat it's not an option to run an extension lead out of the balcony and across the car park so I'm limited to solar ones.

Is there a way to make the 12V socket permanently live without the ignition being on, so I can plug the charger into it and avoid having to open the bonnet and remove crocodile clips from the battery every time I want to go for a drive?

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
My car isn't getting much use so I want to buy a trickle charger to keep the battery alive. Due to living in a flat it's not an option to run an extension lead out of the balcony and across the car park so I'm limited to solar ones.

Is there a way to make the 12V socket permanently live without the ignition being on, so I can plug the charger into it and avoid having to open the bonnet and remove crocodile clips from the battery every time I want to go for a drive?
Surely making a new wire to run from the battery to the cabin/boot would be easier. so then its constantly on the battery just make an isolation if needed after it. Can buy 12v sockets easily for this purpose. Just make sure you pop a fuse onto it.