ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bomber's Williams 4 project

Qashcow
My life wouldn't be worth living if I cancelled anything.

Ordered myself a nice new pure Motorsport aircon delete kit today, can bin all the rusty crap out the front of the front now

Qashcow
Impulse buying ftl. Didn't buy the crank pulley, it's more hassle than its worth and cost I don't need at the moment. If I've still got the car when the cambelt needs doing again then I'll buy the uprated CP then.

Hopefully get some time on it this weekend to design these rear arches...

Qashcow
Spent a bit of time on it this evening. Aircon removed and old rad taken out for good. I've taken the lights out to tidy up the wiring of the HID's. Having OCD and being an electrical locksmith, I hate loose wires floating around so all needs a clean up. I've lost all the amalgamating tape I had before so that'll have to wait.

Manky old sound proofing has been taken out too

Tomorrow I'll get on with lifting the engine and removing the aircon pump thingy and auxiliary setup ready for whenever the new Pure Motorsport shizzle arrives but I suspect that won't be till next year as they're waiting for everyone's payments before sending out and we all know what CS is like with people opening there wallets ;)

9ca4809c.gif

9606c6a6.gif

7ca7ce0e.gif

49a6a47b.gif

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Looking good but I love it how people sell a fast 'completed' car as such and then buy the same model and start again, seems completely backwards to me! Good luck though.

340i
Looking good but I love it how people sell a fast 'completed' car as such and then buy the same model and start again, seems completely backwards to me! Good luck though.

Don'tcha know, the thrill is in the chase.

I assume (that like me..) Bomber enjoys building the cars, rather than having something completed, sitting on the driveway looking pretty.

Qashcow
Million percent what Gray said, I rarely actually drive the cars as I have two other vehicles to use before my 'toys'. I enjoy tinkering and building them mostly. Let's be honest, with the state of people's driving and British roads it's hard to enjoy a car like this or the sc'd clio unless on track.

The main reason for selling the previous clio was for wedding funds, it's paid for the honeymoon and spending money. This Clio has cost me the same as the ECU and wiring of the SC'd one ;)

Evo 5 RS
lol bargain bus.

Amen to that :( Thinking of taking the 172 off the road and getting trailer next year

s**t w**ky poo country.

P.S This is clearly going to be the wedding car for people wondering, thought that was obvious...?

spitting flames and spinning away from the chapel, flol

I assume (that like me..) Bomber enjoys building the cars, rather than having something completed, sitting on the driveway looking pretty.

My curse also - I've really enjoyed building the Clio this year but I'm already starting to worry about it being finished and not having anything else to work on.
I love doing track days but the real fun is building the thing! :D

Qashcow
ET0 15x8 wheels, 195/50/15 tyres.

The rear calipers have been filed down to allow the wheels to fit but still are using a 5mm spacer. I'm going to machine these on a mill and try and get rid of the spacers. With this size offset and tyre, the rear arches need pulling out as well as rolling and lots of camber. All good fun...

And no Dan, this will never be used a wedding car. Got the choice of three decent cars for that duty ;)

BlackGold 182
ET0 15x8 wheels, 195/50/15 tyres.

The rear calipers have been filed down to allow the wheels to fit but still are using a 5mm spacer. I'm going to machine these on a mill and try and get rid of the spacers. With this size offset and tyre, the rear arches need pulling out as well as rolling and lots of camber. All good fun...

And no Dan, this will never be used a wedding car. Got the choice of three decent cars for that duty ;)

okay mate thanks for reply, looks like if i get some ill run 195/45/15 tyres and maybe 15x7 20et

Qashcow
the guy i bought the car off was using the same size wheel with same offset and same ride height and says it would run fine with 195/45/15 tyres but i cant see it myself. the car is litterally sat on the steelwork at the moment lol

BG 182
What work would be needed to run 15x7 grids? Is there a lot of arch work necessary? Or maybe 15x8 on the rear?

Qashcow
Wouldn't like to say, but on the 7 inch wide version the dish is narrowed and don't look as good IMO. Could still work on the clio though. They are very very very close to the caliper in this offset. The fronts fit without outer arch work in 8inch, not sure how much inner arch beating they need yet.

Haven't really got round to the arch concerns yet, sorting the engine shizzle out first

Qashcow
This little package arrived today, means I can get the engine side of things back together and get started on fitting the wheels properly

2b47f68a.gif

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My mate (the one with the storm grey 172, dan freemans old car) has just made an air con delete kit for less than £15.

SQ5
We made one too for one of my old clios, was using like a Ford Pinto alternator adjuster bracket! I do laugh when people are paying for these lightweight £300 ones!

TrackCar & F30 330d

Haha, like me!! Finished project sat on the drive lol!

Qashcow
Normally I would have made it the cheap way, but spending some time at this time of year in a scrap yard doesn't appeal to me any more, and it was in a group buy. I'd never pay £300 for it either ;)