ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bomber's Williams 4 project

Cup Packed BG 182
hey man just had a read through and looks really good, im running these wheels in 7j and they were a fair Challenge to fit so good luck, cant wait to see it.

Here is how mine looks:

DSC_0155.jpg

Let us know how the rear arches go, i spent about a week on mine so let me know if you need a hand (sure you don't, seems like you've got the right idea)

Qashcow
Looks awesome that does, what size tyres are you using? How much work was actually done to the rears? Rolling and pulling or any welding too? And camber etc?

Going to spend tomorrow on the thing, will play with calipers first then ***** about with the camber

Cup Packed BG 182
erm fair bit really, pulled and rolled no welding, did it my self though with various tools. made some camber shims out of sheet metal. there 195/45 r15. The 50 profile is looking quite big.

Qashcow
As the arches are already really scabby I'm not too fussed how much I had to destroy them lol. I think 45profiles might be the way forwards but really want to avoid spending like £250 on new tyres when these have done 30 miles. That and 50's are that much cheaper, and I'm a cheap skate :D

BlackGold 182
hey man just had a read through and looks really good, im running these wheels in 7j and they were a fair Challenge to fit so good luck, cant wait to see it.

Let us know how the rear arches go, i spent about a week on mine so let me know if you need a hand (sure you don't, seems like you've got the right idea)

+1 mine are a challange too with 7j! going to try and roll my arches some more today

Qashcow
Saying that, I can get the Toyo's for less than I originally thought!

I like a challenge, 8j's will fit. Somehow

Cup Packed BG 182
they will fit, i got my maxxis maz1 in that size for £200 and there awesome, better than toyos. Try camskills.com

BlackGold 182
im running 195 50 15, and i am quite high at the moment to stop the scrubbing, but more arch rolling today, im about to put some photos on my project thread if your interested

Qashcow
Yesterday afternoon I started on the rear arches, was picking the scabby paint off the metalwork and all was going to plan. Nothing too bad and all easily repairable

6cf6ff32.gif

Then I started getting busy on the inside arch, these pics are looking forwards into what would be the sill/behind side skirt area. Well, I've seen more solid potato skins than this lol. It was wafer thin and fell through without much pushing.

Time to strip this for parts again then...

3ad5e900.gif

7e04b3da.gif

RIP second clio...

I'm kind of in the process of trying to get my sisters old 1.2 clio off her, if I can then I might stick this engine and box into it for a proper little sleeper. Who knows

SQ5
WTF has that been parked on a beach for half it's life?

Put it in a mk1 would only take a weekend ;)

whats the price of a new arch and sill i would just get the bits and do it that way , will save you a lot of time , i bet your sisters clio has a sunroof as well ,

Evo 5 RS
Oh f**k sake! That's pretty bad Dave!! How can it be that bad??? Genuine question, I've never seen a 1*2 scab out like that

Qashcow
Whats the point in fixing it, it's a £1000 car when fixed. If I worked in a body shop I'd do it, but I don't so I won't. As a whole, there are too many small faults to warrent fixing it now. I think this car has spent a few years of its life living by the sea and it's front end has been damaged before.

Don't forget, it's only a car and a third one at that. It has no sentimental value to me

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
WOW!!!! any signs that there's been accident damage repaired where it's rusted? Never seen a mk2 rot like that

Qashcow
I can't see any side/rear damage yet but may find more as I pull it apart. Got to somehow move it out the garage tonight and onto the side drive, not easy when it's litterally sat on the arches lol. f**king thing