ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blackberry's

dk

911 GTS Cab
are the keys easy to use on the bold 9700 i have fat fingers and think i may have some issues lol
I don't have fat fingers and I have issues with the keys being so small.

You need to get your hands on one really to try.

Bus w**ker
are the keys easy to use on the bold 9700 i have fat fingers and think i may have some issues lol
I have fat thumbs and have no problem with the 9000's keys. But the 9700 has a slightly smaller keypad. Like dk said go play with one in a shop and see, but after a couple of texts/emails you'd soon be used to it I'd guess.
do you do this with desktop manager?
You can, but because it's not a legit release of the OS version it can be a pain in the arse. I use something called JLCommander. If you search over on Crackberry.com there's full instructions on how to update your OS including steps on how to do it using JLCommander. Piece of piss TBH and takes about 30 minutes at the most. Just make sure you do a full backup first including messages and third party apps.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Symon without being a fanboy the bold (9000) keyboard is the best there has been on any qwerty phone, it's almost impossible to spell wrong even with DK fingers.

All down to the little raised part on every key. I really am not a fanboy but i've never found a phone so easy to use but can do so much all at the one time.

I doubt there's any phone out there that you could type faster on.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I can type much faster on my iPhone than I can on the 9700, as said though the 9700 has a smaller keyboard and it's just a little too small!

Bus w**ker
Anyone seen the leaked pictures of the new Bold 9700a/Storm 3 (as no one has a clue)?

Looks mint IMO, although I'd have preferred the keyboard to slide out horizontally instead so the keyboard and screen were larger.

bbsliderhd1.jpg

bbsliderhd2.jpg

bbsliderhd3.jpg

bbsliderhd4.jpg

No real details out there atm but a little write up here. No Surepress though, WIN.

Depending on spec this could be the replacement for my 9000 come upgrade time.

Bus w**ker
Personally I hate the Storm models. But from what I've read someone has played with the Storm 3 running Beta OS and stated that it doesn't have a slider. Obviously it's all hearsay at the minute but a slide out keyboard and bigger screen running 9700 spec and 5.0 OS are high on my wishlist. Oh and a camera with more than 0.0001mp would be nice too.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I'm bored of the iPhone, i can get a Bold 9700 for much cheaper a month (need to stop living outside of my means as it is) and all my friends have one so BBM will do me good there!

I'm just a nerd and need to have the coolest gadget out there, which the iPhone is... right?

I also found the KB on the 9700 (a friends i was fookin with) a tad too small :/ but i did the same with the iPhone and now i type lightening quick on it so its all good.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Symon that's a curve keyboard not a bold one. No raised edges at all adn I would say those were prototypes for previous models, could be wrong tho.

Bus w**ker
No idea mate. Typically rumours started flying around a few weeks ago of the Storm 3 (MR T) having a sliding keyboard and the they shortly followed about the 9700a, Bold 9700 with a touch screen and sliding keyboard. The images above are just some that BBLeaks somehow put out, but where the phone has come from and what it truely is hasn't be confirmed.

It could all be b****cks, but I'm hoping not because the bigger screen would be awesome.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
There's no way the bold will have a keyboard like that.

It might be the new curve and storm.

Usual american wishful thinking crap probably.

Revels Mum & Sister
I went from a 9000 to 9700. The keyboard is a bit more cramped on the 9700 but you soon get used to it. Good little work horse.

I have mine for work and thus I never really leave work hence I resent it. If my career change plans come off I shall ditch the Blackberry for good.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Cancelling my O2 contract this weekend and jacking the iPhone in for a sheepberry. Will soon see if it does me proud!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Cancelling my O2 contract this weekend and jacking the iPhone in for a sheepberry. Will soon see if it does me proud!
You'll regret it, I went from BB to iphone and haven't looked back.

One of the big problems I found with the BB was the lack of apps for UK use, iphone has this covered.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
As I said before, I don't use the apps at all lol I have about 5 installed of which I've used none more than once. Plus I have an iPod Touch, and an iPhone. If I want an app I could always install it on one of them and keep the BB as a normal phone :)

Just cutting down on the bills y0. Thinking of going vodafone for best deal. For my needs that is.

Oh and this 28 cool off period, does that mean if I hate the thing + the contract I can just give it back? (It will be kept in as new condition for it obviously)

Bus w**ker
Orange were the best for BBs a year or so ago when I was looking, depends what you need from your contract though.

Apps, meh. There's loads out there for BB, fair enough not on the scale of the iP but 85% of them are f**king w**k anyway lol. Only use very few now mostly Facebook, UberTwitter and BerryBuzz. Tapatalk is on there but the beta is still too ropey to be any real use.

14 day cool off for Direct Debits and 7 days for Distance Selling Regs isn't it? Not sure if Distance Selling covers you being a mong and buying something you don't like/can't use/isn't pretty enough but as long as you get the phone back to them within 14 days then you should be able to cancel the contract under the DD cooling off period.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
"Dial-A-Phone" has a "28-day cool off period". So that's all grand.

Plus, played with my mates 9700 last night. Really really like having an actual QWERTY keyboard with actual buttons :O ;). So I don't think it will be going back anytime soon.

All I will use is facebook, BBM, and texting. Just a quick Q, can you make the texts come up like they do on an iphone? (conversation style)

Monaco 172
I got mine on Orange yesterday.

£30 a month - 1200 mins - Unltd Text - Unltd Web

And a free phone!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
As I said before, I don't use the apps at all lol I have about 5 installed of which I've used none more than once. Plus I have an iPod Touch, and an iPhone. If I want an app I could always install it on one of them and keep the BB as a normal phone :)

Just cutting down on the bills y0. Thinking of going vodafone for best deal. For my needs that is.

Surely the best way to save money would be to put a simplicity sim in your iphone? Can get one for about £20/month with 600min/1200txt/unlimited data.

Bus w**ker
Just a quick Q, can you make the texts come up like they do on an iphone? (conversation style)
As long as it's running 5.0 OS (which the 9700 does as standard) then yeah. You can even have it come up in gay little bubbles things if you're that way inclined/retarded.

I hate blackberrys, on my third now as they keep breaking :(
Which model(s) have you had? My 9000 has only fucked up when I've fucked it, dodgy OS' installs and apps etc. Other than that it's pretty much bomb proof. If you're still running 4.X OS update it to 5.0 if it's available for your model, will become a new phone.

I got mine on Orange yesterday.

£30 a month - 1200 mins - Unltd Text - Unltd Web

And a free phone!
That's a really good deal, as long as it includes BIS too.

Turbos.
I'm not a geek so don't care about apps. At the end of the day the Blackberry is very easy to use for email, which is what i predominately use it for. Vodafone have been very good with replacing them too, i dropped one down the loo and it was swapped without questions!

I'm not anti-Apple per se, but i think they are overrated. I have a Touch and Shuffle and they're ok, but i don't see what the fuss is about. Apple's also have piss warranties.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Surely the best way to save money would be to put a simplicity sim in your iphone? Can get one for about £20/month with 600min/1200txt/unlimited data.

O2 are shocking. They are without a doubt the worst network I've ever had the misfortune of being involved with.

For a start, the signal in my area is poor at best. I have to sit the phone in a very still position so i can get 1 bar. Vodafone and orange get full signal in my house and woodstock (where i spend a lot of my time).

Also, they always try and feck me over and overcharge me. They give me the money back as "credit" on my bills but its just such a pain in the arse having to call up every month :mad:

Oh and my BB deal:

new 9700, free. £25 cashback, unlim texts + internet + BB email. And 600 mins. £35 a month on an 18 month contract.

Last edited:

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I hope so! I hated every second with O2 and can't wait to have signal for once! LOL

Clio 182
Were doing a good deal atm, BB9700 £30 1200mins, Unltd txts, BB Service/Internet etc...Oh and you will get 2 years of Orange maps aswell....SHWING!

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
if my manly hands are to big for the 9700 is the storm 2 my best bet? i had a storm one and it went wrong 5 times after 6 months

Clio 182
Not really a selling point though when Google Maps is freely available and soooooooooo much better. The rest of the deal is all right though.

ok.........:lolup:

It's a deal at carphone warehouse. It should be £40 a month, but it's only £30

Go to carphone and ask :)

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Well if dial a phone dont get their acts together i may do! thanks for the tip!