ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blackberry's

Monaco 172
iPhone contract runs out next week, and im bored stupid of it, thinking about getting a BB.

Which ones best? Anyone made the change from iphone to BB?

They compatible with mac's?

Talk to me...

RB 197
I've got a Curve, it's simple to use and i lurve it :D But you'll be offered one of the new models. I'd snap one up tbh dude.

Mini Cooper S
I hate the iPhone mate, like you, I got bored after four months. I bought a Blackberry Bold and love it. Longest phone I have had and I will be getting the new upgrade when it comes out. It really is a cracking phone, I'll admit takes you a couple of days to get used to it, but when you do, you will not be disappointed.

Mondeo TDCi
agree with SirSimon had an iphone got bored (and hated the touch screen). i have a blackberry bold 9700 and love it. it sync's with itunes so presume it would work with a mac..? dont know for sure though

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've just ordered a blackberry Bold. No idea what it is or what it does (First phone i've had that does stuff!! lol)

Is it any good??

Mondeo TDCi
brilliant, email on the go, internet pages are a doddle to view (can view cs with ease ;) ) all the usual phone stuff. you can view pdfs, and microsoft office documents as well!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Bold 9000/9700 own.

You'll never type as fast with another phone in your life.

I'm a convert. I really think I might go for the new iPhone to see what it's like but nothing can come close to the keyboard on the bold imo.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Bold 9000/9700 own.

I'm a convert. I really think I might go for the new iPhone to see what it's like but nothing can come close to the keyboard on the bold imo.

In the quiet words of the virgin mary, come again??

182 & Porsche 986
I got bored of my iphone too so made a swap to blackberry, its alright but iphone was so much better mostly for apps aswell.

3 Series touring
got a bold the other day ! awesome thing, does everything the n95 8gb did, just better!!
maybees we need a bb PIN thread?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I've got an 8520 Curve as a work phone...I don't mind it, especially with its auto on/off feature...means I don't get caught out if I leave the phone on after getting in through the door!

Mini Cooper S
Bold 9000/9700 own.

What new iPhone?

I'd get the blackberry 9700, A very nice phone my mate has it, I have the Curve 8520 (cam has no flash and is s**t)

Wish i had the 9700 has a good cam, flash, good features and looks good.

dk

911 GTS Cab
After a few months of use my weapon of choice is still without a doubt the iPhone, 9700 had it's perks, long battery and auto off and on (good for a work phone).

Keyboard is too fussy and small though as is the screen to do anything other than text email.

Mk2 Golf GTI
f**k the storm! Bold 9700 is the way to go.

I've got a curve 8900 and it's a great phone but i want the new bold now.

Blackberry + ipod touch = best of both worlds. The iphones battery is s**t enough as it is without hammering on apps all day. The touch last for ages.

ZX6R B1H
Get a BOLD 9700 ace little phone, and you get the gay BB messenger thing :D So you can Show off swopping PINS and send random b****cks to your mates all day.

Apps are also being made for the BB, so you get loads of bits and bobs you can play about with. Slight software issue with the Bold's browser where it cannot load some pages. But, they have two browsers use the one Tagged "wap" and whala all is good.

I also use mine as a mobile broadband for the laptop :D

has any one got the storm 2?

Ive got a Storm 2 and Bold 9700. Storm is much better for web browsing but the Bold is nicer to use on a day to day basis. Typing on the storm can be annoying because of the clicky screen. Also the battery life is dire. Apart from that, nice phone :p

Gav_r26

ClioSport Club Member
  2006 Megane R26
I've got a Bold 9000 and also use Macs. You can download a copy of Blackberry Desktop Manager for Mac fro their website and it will sync it with your address book, iCal and iTunes etc. Works really well. Had a HTC before but have to say since I've had the BB i'm really impressed with it.

182 BEAN
9700 bold i have a 8900 curve which is great but a 9700 bold is a curve with 3g ..... i phone for kids with crayons , blackberrys for active on the go busy lives :D

Liquid Yellow 197 F1
I've just managed to get my hands on a 8900, waiting for it to arrive now. From what i've heard i won't be disappointed. If i get on well with it then when my upgrade is due i'll go for a better 1 if not i'll get an iphone and then i'll have both (does that make me greedy??)

Golf GTi Mk2
I looked at the 9700 before I got my hero, lovely phone, screen was a bit to small which is why I forthwith hero but I'm sure I would have been pleased with the BB

Seat Leon Cupra 290
im up for an upgrade from my 9000 which ive had for 18 months, not in any rush to change as its proper good phone, ive used iphones and htc but prefer the BB

Bus w**ker
Forgot to say if you get a 9000 you have to update it to 5.0 os. Battery life is f**king ridiculous, memory usage is a lot less and you don't get that f**king App Error 523 (or whatever) just for installing a third party app.

To summarise 5.0 is the s**t.

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
are the keys easy to use on the bold 9700 i have fat fingers and think i may have some issues lol

3 Series touring
Forgot to say if you get a 9000 you have to update it to 5.0 os. Battery life is f**king ridiculous, memory usage is a lot less and you don't get that f**king App Error 523 (or whatever) just for installing a third party app.

To summarise 5.0 is the s**t.

do you do this with desktop manager?

Lou

I'm tempted to go back to Blackberry from iPhone as I'm getting bored of it now! I'm out of contract too!