ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bilsteins rear spring help.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Hi all.
Ive just bought the bilstein b14 kit, im about to fit the rear springs and adjustable platform and noticed that if I fit the spring with the lettering on the spring the right way around it will mean that the adjustable platform will be at the top.

Is this right or doesn't it matter? ??

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1401800295697.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1401800295697.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 92
  Sprint 172
I think most people put them in with the adjuster at the bottom. I can't imagine it matters. Must be difficult to adjust with it at the top?

Ph2 172
Put it in at the top mate, it fits against the shape of the body of the car at the top to hold it in place.

There's no way to bolt it to the rear beam if you put it at the bottom.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Put it in at the top mate, it fits against the shape of the body of the car at the top to hold it in place.

There's no way to bolt it to the rear beam if you put it at the bottom.

Right you've lost me a little bit.

When i had my Spax the adjuster sat in the bottom/beam and the adjuster bolted into place.

There is no way to bolt this adjuster in place, top or bottom.

The adjuster would fit into the beam or the body of the car as both bits have a locating sticking up bit, but it does look as if the adjuster sits to the body.

Ph2 172
It definitely goes at the top mate so that BILSTEIN is the right way up. I had spax before as well so I was confused like you are.

I did a search and found a thread where fred@btm (iirc) had showed a picture of them fitted at the top as the correct way.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
It definitely goes at the top mate so that BILSTEIN is the right way up. I had spax before as well so I was confused like you are.

I did a search and found a thread where fred@btm (iirc) had showed a picture of them fitted at the top as the correct way.

Cool mate, thank you.

Bilstein wouldn't print the lettering the wrong way around, also the way the springs are wound must matter?

Ph2 172
Yeah mate that's what I thought too, I'm no suspension expert but surely the wider spacing of coils should go to the top.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Also having the adjuster at the top will make it easier to fit the springs/jacking the beam back up.