ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BEST SUSPENSION FOR MK2 172

Hi there .

Im lookin for some good advice on upgrading my suspension on my mk2 172 as i think the standard renault stuffs sh*te , it handles like a ppl carrier and rolls when cornering hard .I want it to go round bends like a go kart .

Firstly , i dont wanna slam it too low , round about 30mm no more than 40mm leaving it on the standard 16 inch wheels.Im not too bothered about the ride bein firm , just want good handling .

So what do i go for . Coilovers are a bit pricey . So do i just go for uprated springs , if so whats the best ?

Or do i go for uprated springs and dampers ? whats the best kit out there , prices and places that sell em and fit em . Im in Blackburn in the north west so i want somethin pretty local if possible .

Any help would be much appreciated .

Cheers !

193 mk2

id just change the springs, that seams to be what everyone rekons on here .unless you spend big doe on coilovers, go for eibach sportsline or apex springs.

2005 Impreza WRX STI

if u just want it to look low and handle a bit better get springs if u want it to handle better still get a damping kit to match £300 sort of price! why not get a set of coilovers if u look hard enough u will find a set for 400-450. well worth it IMO

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2

Agreed. If you are going to get an uprated suspension kit (springs/dampers) you might as well spend an extra hundred or two on coilovers.

Otherwise just get springs. Apex or Eibach are the most popular. Apex go 40mm, Eibach go 20-30mm.

Black Mk2 172

Quote: Originally posted by mrbliiy on 02 September 2005

Hi there .

Im lookin for some good advice on upgrading my suspension on my mk2 172 as i think the standard renault stuffs sh*te , it handles like a ppl carrier and rolls when cornering hard .I want it to go round bends like a go kart .

Firstly , i dont wanna slam it too low , round about 30mm no more than 40mm leaving it on the standard 16 inch wheels.Im not too bothered about the ride bein firm , just want good handling .

So what do i go for . Coilovers are a bit pricey . So do i just go for uprated springs , if so whats the best ?

Or do i go for uprated springs and dampers ? whats the best kit out there , prices and places that sell em and fit em . Im in Blackburn in the north west so i want somethin pretty local if possible .

Cheers !

Urban Racing in warrington is where you want to go mate , there really helpful and will try and give you the best price , from blackburn id say no more than and hours drive.

http://www.urban-racing.com

2005 Impreza WRX STI

Quote: Originally posted by Scott 172 on 03 September 2005

Quote: Originally posted by mrbliiy on 02 September 2005

Hi there .

Cheers !

Urban Racing in warrington is where you want to go mate , there really helpful and will try and give you the best price , from blackburn id say no more than and hours drive.

http://www.urban-racing.comhttp://www.urban-racing.com

link works now ;)