ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best springs for 182 Cup Shocks?

(s)Low Dynamique
Hi guys,

Recently got back on the road in a Clio - it's a standard 182 apart from panel filter & decat - and came with both cup packs.

5321e727efa9da340fc2cabc7e91c53c.jpg

Unfortunately 2 days into buying the car I hit a nasty pothole on the incline of a speedbump and snapped something suspension related [emoji19]

7d690e95c5dde3682a717ad604beeffb.jpg

I got it towed to my mates garage and he's having a look at it this morning.

Hoping it's just a sheared spring (guessing from the noises it made for now)

If this was the case I'd be looking to upgrade to something a bit firmer with a budget of around £200 tops.

I'm not too bothered about the drop - just about the ride quality & handling characteristics.

Heard a lot of good things about eibach sportlines - so was considering flying up to demontweeks today if they have any in stock (as I'm only in Manchester).

But just before I jump the gun - does anybody have anything better for me?

Thanks in advance for any advice [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

BG Clio 182
I would be going cooksports but they're very firm.

Handling wise they're magical though. The drop is good too, nice bonus.

FF BG 182
I just switched from PI 30mm lowered springs to eibach prolines. Night and day, the Eibach ones ride so much smoother for daily use but the car seems no slower in corners at Road speeds. Brilliant.

PI springs would have the edge on track though being firmer and lower, guess it depends what you use the car for.

Anyway, I got the prolines from Germany, paid £120 ish delivered for brand new ones. The same site did sportlines as well.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

(s)Low Dynamique
Cheers for the advice guys. Decided to go for the Eibachs in the end purely because I managed to pick them up today. Will put a picture up tomorrow afternoon when they've settled a bit [emoji106]

8de9236dc6ec25b68e623ae69f03d714.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk