ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Been told my cars an import

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
I would'nt worry if its an import, my old 51 plate 172 was, i got what i wanted for it, if its a good un it will sell, sell it private. Don't know why people fret about it. Sold mine in june 05 with 56k on the clock for £7350 which was ball park price at the time, guy who bought knew it was an import, best condition car he veiwed out of 4 other UK cars.

I totally agree with that! At the end of the day it is a UK spec car and that is all that matters.

Clown Car
It should say on the V5C in the 'special notes' section on the front page whether the car is an import or not, also some details such as engine number may be missing from the 'vehicle details' section.

Or just ring renault and ask them - 08000 723 372

MCG

Vauxhall Astra VXR
If its an import, your insurance will be invalid for it as well, insurance on imports is more expensive.

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
If its an import, your insurance will be invalid for it as well, insurance on imports is more expensive.
Not in the 3 years of ownership of my old 172, went through the details as a uk car and said at the end of quote its an import. No difference Admiral ins

ST170
Well, I traded it in today and got a Xsara VTS plus cash (cheque which is being payed in tomorrow) for my 182. When I went to enquire about trading it in on Tuesday (before I'd been informed it *might* be an import) I said as far as I was aware it wasn't an import and it was a UK car.

Nothing more has been said so I'm assuming the garage I've sold it to has done an hpi check on it. If they haven't and they later find out it's definitely an import am I in trouble?

182 Full Fatt!
I said as far as I was aware it wasn't an import and it was a UK car.

Nothing more has been said so I'm assuming the garage I've sold it to has done an hpi check on it. If they haven't and they later find out it's definitely an import am I in trouble?

No as they are still laughing that you bought their Citroen!!! A small detail like an import Clio is not gonna dent their glee!

I`m picking up my "import" today, Motorplus of Derby imported it and it`s had 1 pivate owner, 04 reg. and 40,000 miles, it was imported from a garage in France.
The seller Sarah Cox in Notts told me this whilst i was looking at the car.
I have bought it because it was the best one i could find (i think! )
without travelling miles and miles, of course the price was very very good too, i think it was about 1k less than other av. miles 04`s

ST170
Dan, it's the price I pay for getting old and having a missus popping out more kids. :rasp: Oh yeah and I needed cash fast. Still, it's an ugly SOB but it goes well and I'll get it looking respectable soon.