ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battlefield 5: Hardline

jakeg

ClioSport Club Member
  Rs Clio 172
Not received a beta code yet how quick we're other peoples received?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I got my email a few hours after signing up for it.
Shouldn't have bothered really though, not impressed with it at all.
I wonder how long it will be before they make a Battlefield game for the new consoles only? Maybe next year?

Clio 172
I've been playing the Beta, thoughts would be graphics are a bit cartoony, nice access to alot of buildings and advantage points without a heli, you can spawn from the command van so a strategically placed van comes in handy. Actual game concept is a bit rubbish. I can't see this having alot of longevity. As someone else said BFBC3 would have been alot better idea.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I've been playing the Beta, thoughts would be graphics are a bit cartoony, nice access to alot of buildings and advantage points without a heli, you can spawn from the command van so a strategically placed van comes in handy. Actual game concept is a bit rubbish. I can't see this having alot of longevity. As someone else said BFBC3 would have been alot better idea.

That was my thought, and I've NO idea why they're dismissing Bad Company now because they know fine well the public want it and believe it's the best part of Battlefield for many years now.

Just a fantastic game.

AK Spiezels

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: AK
  Clio 172
@Scutch The whole game has a very much COD feel about it. I can see it would be very easy to port across to consoles and the size of the demo map just screams COD. From the 'stash' point to each teams Safe is so close that you don't need a vehicle. Realistically you could't have more than 32 man servers as it would be total chaos. Just feel that the likes of EA that started these huge FPS shooters would rather produce over priced trash now than games that are actually thought out and have some longevity to them. BF4 already bores me to death so much so I've got back into DayZ.

Last edited:

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Bad Company was where BF3 got it's basis from. Totally destroyable landscape, some great maps and very playable modes. Its did a great job taking over from BF2 and 2142.

Oh right. So nothing majorly different then? Just the original therefore best? Like Halo 2.

I only ask as people go on about it a lot!

This game looks to me like Battlefield Lite to get the less 'hardcore' onto their games and try to capture the COD (mong) market before releasing a truly next gen title.

Clio 172
It set the benchmark for FPS, before that a tank shell would bounce off a building, a post could stop a truck. It made the game more real and it made the game better. BF3 developed that more with Levolution and the new massive destruction of buildings collapsing etc but BFBC2 was the spark that started it all it changed the face of FPS gaming and for me it's quality still hasn't been matched.

Mito Sportiva 135
I'm so not bothered about this game it hurts!

After the fiasco of the BF4 release, a variant of a military shooter in a faux cops and robbers setting is definitely not appealing

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I'm so not bothered about this game it hurts!

After the fiasco of the BF4 release, a variant of a military shooter in a faux cops and robbers setting is definitely not appealing

Trouble is, there's so little variety that I'll end up buying without doubt. Few good games next year though; Witcher 3 is one I can't wait for.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah Witcher 3 is one I am most excited for. I have been playing Destiny and nothing else since I got my Xbox in September - and this Xmas I am getting Assasins Creed, Forza Horizon 2, Halo: MCC, Diablo Ultimate Edition and Dragon Age. So I will probably never have to buy another game again!

I will probably get BF5 but will wait until after launch and if it sucks technically again I'll skip it.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
No, but not full out war between the two with fully automatic guns and rocket launchers and what not. You think of car chases and hand guns.
Unless you're talking drug cartels in Mexico or something.

It was either this or Cowboys and Indians.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Beta available from today on XBOne and PC.

Not sure about Playstation yet.

Mito Sportiva 135
This whole concept just feels so bland. If they were really scraping the barrel for ideas, for a spin-off, surely they could have been more imaginative than this?
Still, at least its not zombies I guess...

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Its on the live store, Im waiting on mine to install. Look forward to it although its going to be strange having BF not military based

work for BMW
100% not buying this game, I am a huge BF fan and spent hundreds of hours on Bad company 2 and BF 3. How ever Bf4 was very average so i stopped playing it pretty quickly and this Hardline looks even worse.
Now i have gone back to playing Badcompany 2 on pc as there are still a fair few players.

Ps pleassssssssssse create a new WW2 game!