ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battlefield 1

Joined some random team on domination last night and they were awesome! We went 100-6 lol.

Sadly they were too good and I only got a couple of kills!

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I joined some utter monkeys and was struggling to break even on K/D.
The other team were running round as squads, so everytime you came across someone they had 3 or 4 others backing them up.

My lot were running around like headless chickens doing f**k-all.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I tried hardline on PS4 before but got bored cus I got battered and 1942 like 15 years ago on PC. So how do I buy new guns and stuff and which is the best gun?

Get yourself in the Heavy Tank, you'll grab a few kills and get the hang of things in the process.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I tried hardline on PS4 before but got bored cus I got battered and 1942 like 15 years ago on PC. So how do I buy new guns and stuff and which is the best gun?

Trial and error mate, im only rank six, played i think three maps. I mostly snipe (not sit off btw)

Clio 1.2 16v
If you can spawn in a tank from the start, kill someone then jump out the tank and nick their loadout get back in the tank and every kill from that moment counts towards whatever class you picked up from that dead person, easy way to level up your classes to get the better guns

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
There's some assault SMG I've seen, rate of fire is f**king mental it cuts you to pieces at close range.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Trial and error mate, im only rank six, played i think three maps. I mostly snipe (not sit off btw)

Exactly. Isn't half the fun of these games finding out what works for you and what doesn't?

I remember on Bad Company 2, THE gun to get was the M416. Once a few people had it - EVERYONE had it. It was a shite period to be playing BC2 online, tbh.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Agreed.

Death-scene gun.

I found in bf4 I used to use all sorts, liked the shotguns, ssrr61 sniper, an array of smg and assault rifles. Was normally when I was playing crap I'd blame it on the gun lol. Reaction times and map awareness most of the time wins an argument lol.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Still liking the campaign mode so far - I'll be completing before venturing online. All the controls seem fine with K&M on the PC except the inventory!

For crying out loud DICE, how difficult and how many hurdles do you have to program in place in order to make it the mess that it currently is? So from your BF4 days - you've included the utterly bizarre glitch where the reload and pickup weapon key have to be the same. So reload defaults to R, but I also have to make the pickup key R - even if I choose not to use it? Thank god for the following link - or else I would have never been able to pickup weapons. https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/38232/campaign-cant-pick-up-weapons

Then on top of that, why make it so the two weapons can be selected via the mouse wheel, but then I need something else entirely to select the gadgets. When s**t gets busy in the game, you need to be fluid and slick. Not pissing about pressing inappropriate keys or having to actively think what you're doing. You can only carry and equip 5 items anyway, so why not just leave that as a scrolling menu on the mouse wheel? It worked last decade. It worked in BF1942. It worked in BF2. It worked in BF2142. Why cripple a smooth process?

If only I could get involved with game development at their early stages. I'd personally backhand the person(s) who thought that the current setup was 'a good idea'.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it's ace.

A couple of times last night was pressing the fire button and nothing happened lol. About ten mins after the game just crashed. Which was fine as it was after 2am. Great when there's a few mates playing, way more enjoyable

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I keep having issues with the load-out screen.
Select everything I want, then the screen will freeze and switch everything back to the default selection.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I haven't.

Also reviving. Why do you need to be practically t bagging the person to revive lol. So annoying.

Awesone game though

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Finally in the air with the campaign now - a blind one armed chimp could fly those things. Piece of piss!

No doubt I would get utterly schooled online though.

Ph 1 172
So is anyone on xbox1 that wants to play online properly and move around as a squad?

I'm sick to death of joining a squad and everyone running around like it's call of duty.

Gt: moodyjames

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Is campaign worth the purchase price?
I'd say not - purely as it's an extended means of showing you the mechanics of the game.

It does frustrate the hell out of me though, as to why bots aren't included as an SP option. Funnily enough, not every FPS player wants to go online. Bots don't have to geniuses either - just an apparent modicum of intelligence will suffice.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
The operations mode is good fun. Three of us on the same team attempting to kick ass. Just a big game of rush and you play it on different maps

Clio
Not full price, no. I'd wait until it's on offer personally.

Ta, thought as much.

I'd say not - purely as it's an extended means of showing you the mechanics of the game.

It does frustrate the hell out of me though, as to why bots aren't included as an SP option. Funnily enough, not every FPS player wants to go online. Bots don't have to geniuses either - just an apparent modicum of intelligence will suffice.
I used to like a good FPS in the good old days.
Since online and being social has come about they've really gone off the boil for me, shame really as I'm not an online player.
Original Halo
Ghost Recon 2
Rainbow 6
Thats where it was at.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Ta, thought as much.

I used to like a good FPS in the good old days.
Since online and being social has come about they've really gone off the boil for me, shame really as I'm not an online player.
Original Halo
Ghost Recon 2
Rainbow 6
Thats where it was at.

When online play works - it really works. Unfortunately, unless there's a close group of mates who can commit availability to going online (and let's face it, we're not always in the mood) - you're generally stuck with lone Rambo types - or murdered repeatedly as some mid-Western American kid has just spent $265 on the latest unlocks.

Online play does away with bots for the most part - making it easier for the devs to get the game out. But that's short-sighted imho. Take BF4 now. It will be on sliding loss of player count as BF1 becomes more popular. Even when I tried to go online with BF4 several months ago - I was limited to the small number of maps that servers were populated with. Usually the maps that are not much bigger than a backyard because everyone wants the 'killz 'n points'.

However, there are some cracking maps out there - with brilliant funnel points and risky open sections that make you think twice. A lot of clever design effort has gone into these maps - yet as they fall out of favour, they are simply abandoned with no one to play and enjoy them anymore. Having a SP player bot option would revive these maps - I'd certainly use them. Not only that, but when the game is brand new - it allows time for you to gain some map knowledge before venturing out online. I personally wouldn't even be bothered if none of the bots kills counted towards my global score as I'm not that hung up on numbers anyway.

I'm with you. I'll have the occasional dabble online, but I'm not an online player for the most part. And if I do go online, it's usually for co-op stuff - not versus.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
I'd imagine once the new Cod comes out all the mongos will leave this alone.

It does have some annoying glitches and the menu system and loading into a game is ridiculously slow but once in a game it's brilliant, I was sceptical about getting it but I spent Monday and Tuesday this week playing it most of the day in a full squad, so good with a decent squad. It's nice as well that people who actually ptfo are rewarded, we are constantly top 5 due to actually playing the objective, I don't get that many kills tbf but I enjoy playing the actual game

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
It's marginally quicker than Battlefront, unsurprisingly both are EA titles.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Picked this in yesterday and had an hour or so on it. Played through the first section on the campaign which I enjoyed whilst reading multiplayer was installing.
Had a couple of matched on death match and the load out screen is way too slow. Also noticed that you can't leave the lobby to go back to the main menu after a round has finished, or at least I couldn't find out how to. I just turned it off in the end.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Picked this in yesterday and had an hour or so on it. Played through the first section on the campaign which I enjoyed whilst reading multiplayer was installing.
Had a couple of matched on death match and the load out screen is way too slow. Also noticed that you can't leave the lobby to go back to the main menu after a round has finished, or at least I couldn't find out how to. I just turned it off in the end.
you can but you have to do it in the first 15secs or so.