ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Basic Performance Upgrades for a 200 Cup

Q

Qube

Hi Folks,

I'm massivley into cars and racing and have been my whole life - I'm even a keen and competative karter. However, beleive it or not, I'm not great when it comes to the real techy stuff with 1:1 cars.

I have a 200 cup and want to know what parts I can buy/fit without breaking the bank or being a master mechanic.

I'm aware of most of my options (cam shafts, exhaust systems, etc), but what will make the biggest difference on a cost:speed ratio?

I was thinking:

Air Filter
Re-Mapping
Light Wheels

However, I just don't know what all of these indervidual upgrades warrent in terms of speed!

Help... Please!!!

Tom.

TVR Cerbera
Enjoy the Clio as it is or sell it for something more powerful. I actually do have the teeshirt of how to plough loads of money into a clio and get 50ish BHP from it. I could have bought a R34 for the money i spent!

Toms_clio

ClioSport Club Member
  TRACK CAR BREAKING
Just put in a panel filter and remap.. Apparently they drive alot nicer/smoother with one.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Yeh get a panel mine drove a lot smoother with one.

Can't wait to get my green cup+recaros on the 1st of April

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
as above a set of sticky tyres is about it withoutspending a few grand, as nrwer versions of the f4r engine have came out they have had more and more power leaving us witj even less gains to be had from the traditional tuning!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Sticky tyres and bigger brakes would do you well but

I read on here someone with a 197 got 210+bhp with cams, map, filter and exhaust... Iirc he said it put him back around a grand. Could be wrong though

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Couldn't word it better, better? Brakes...

Erm, if he's wanting better performance then uprated brakes and sticky tyres should give him enough performance to keep up with a mildly modded Clio around a track? That ok? :p

Last edited:
Better pads if you're out on track.

Out the box the 200 is an epic car. Just sat a little high for me. The whole reason I went for one was becuase there was no need to f**k about with it and change parts as it comes with the premium stuff standard.

If you want something silly fast then you're barking up the wrong tree.

Evo 5 RS
Yeh get a panel mine drove a lot smoother with one.

Can't wait to get my green cup+recaros on the 1st of April

Heres an idea, why don't you just use the same car for awhile? You don't help yourself do you lol

But as above panel filter and remap, helps with drivability

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Cams seem to be having improving results as ECU access gets better. We had really good feedback from cylinder head port work. Matched inlets are good for response and drivability (though you'll see only small gains on the dyno) better filter, and improve the maze of inlet pipework

Q

Qube

Thanks for all the replies, guys!

I'm saddens me that so many people don't recommend modding it. :rasp: What if I want a shoe-sized car putting down some serious speed? :approve:

Just put in a panel filter and remap.. Apparently they drive alot nicer/smoother with one.
What sort've panel filter would you recommend? The same for the re-map? I've heard k-tec are good?

Also, what tyres are people recommending?

TVR Cerbera
Thanks for all the replies, guys!

I'm saddens me that so many people don't recommend modding it. :rasp: What if I want a shoe-sized car putting down some serious speed? :approve:

What sort've panel filter would you recommend? The same for the re-map? I've heard k-tec are good?

Also, what tyres are people recommending?

to quote your first post: I have a 200 cup and want to know what parts I can buy/fit without breaking the bank or being a master mechanic.

​To get serious speed from a 200 cup WILL break the bank.