ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Banging noise coming from rear after coilover fitment

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I'm going to find some bushes to use first of all. I won't be doing it this weekend though, I've got a bmw 1 series in for a detail

I completely agree mate, obviously you track your car and you want a good set-up for both road and track, with the billstein stuff you're pretty much guarenteed the best of all worlds.

However whenever you lower a coilover to an ammount which is quite low which a lot of people do, the chances of it ever handling great are gone out of the window.

With the vmaxx + whiteline rear ARB, the set up actually isnt too bad. Ever since fitting them it's rained though so I've never been able to push on in them, but tbh I'm trying to calm down as the public road isn't the place to explore the limits of what's on offer

Don't they bottom out?

My billies aren't very low - and if I go any lower they hit the bump stops

I know from previous experience in the 106 that hitting the bump-stops mid corner is not something you want to do lol

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Any luck with this Chris?

I adjusted my ride height (while the car was flat) the other day and was getting a slight banging noise when going over bumps etc, afterwards. Turned out the spring wasn't sitting correct. I've since reset/moved the springs (jacked up this time) and now it's fine.

I'm not trying to make you look dumb, but it could just be the springs not sitting slightly central perhaps?

marcushookdale

ClioSport Club Member
  rstuned 182ff bg
my set up is getting worse as time goes on, so i'm gonna have a day off this week and have a look at the rear passenger side, thats were mine is knocking+banging ,

so i'm gonna jack the clio up and whip the back wheels off, and whip the shock+spring out. i think it could be my vmaxx
shock that is f**ked, so just as a trial i'm going to put my standand shock back in and have a little spin around the block
only to see/hear/feel if the knocking noise as F***KED OFF, lol coz i'm fooked off with hear/feeling it all the fecking time.

also i'm going to order a new shock bolt, when it starts getting on the noisey side i just normally give the bolt a nip up
with the breaker bar, and that shuts it up for a little while, plus i want to see if the bolt sits in the shock a nice good fit,
and not m12 in a lets say m14 hole, because that would be 99% of the problem,

its just funny though that the rear drivers side is 110% spot on , as are the front coilys they have never give me any hassle, right from day 1 i have had some sort of knocking+banging,

so my solution is get intouch with danny and let him know i'm coming down to his place soon, for a nice new set of SPAX
coilovers all round, :clap::race:and this is me driving back home from his with the new spax, its a pitty that i'm having a bit
of trouble with 1 corner, apart from that and i'd really like the vmaxx. anyway i will post how i went on with the inspection.

m.