ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bad times.

E90 320d M Sport
Gave my 172 a blast earlier and noticed a little time after something was wrong. It started to run really rough and there was a loud clattering noise coming from the engine, it stinks of petrol too. Tried to pull away from a junction and there was no power at all.

Popped it down to my mechanic and he said he thinks either the cambelt has slipped or it's oil starvation.

So that's that. It's done 125k and I'm due to pick a new car up later on in the week so I'm going to scrap it.

Any idea how much the following items would be worth?

K-tec SS stealth exhaust - 4 years old
K&N Panel filter
182 Cup alloys - 3 mint, one could do with a refurb
172 2 hole decat pipe
RS Tuner

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Not worth a lot, get a new engine put in.

or sell it to me for scrap value ;)

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Not worth a lot, get a new engine put in.

I'd do this, if your getting another car this week then mothball the Clio until you can drop a replacement in,
you've spent money on some nice bits getting how you want,
shame to throw in the towel for the sake of an engine swap.

E90 320d M Sport
I'd do this, if your getting another car this week then mothball the Clio until you can drop a replacement in,
you've spent money on some nice bits getting how you want,
shame to throw in the towel for the sake of an engine swap.

The unfortunate thing is I have no where to store - apart from on the road and that would mean it sitting there with no insurance. The rear wheel bearing is shot too.

Got a genuine Clio 182 front splitter for it too.

Was just wondering how much my bits and bobs are worth as there is no way it's being scrapped with those on.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
They're popular sellers, i've found if you type '182 cup alloys' or any of the other bits you've got into the search bar,
you can see how much they went for in the for sale threads.

Flamer Clio 172
Rs tuner £100 ish
wheels vary in price
exhaust £100-£150
decat £40 ish
filter £10-£20
all rough prices going off here

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
How much for the complete car? I'm not far away either to come and collect.

E90 320d M Sport
With all the bits on i'd let it go for £600 as I just need it gone. It will move but I'm not sure how far you'd get in it.

E90 320d M Sport
It's not a Cup it's a standard PH2 172. It's had a little scrape on the front bumper but the rest of the car is in good condition.

I would be getting a second opinion!! Bet its something stupid....

Makes me laugh how many mechanics just assume its one thing but its actually something else.

Get it to someone who knows what they are looking at.!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I would be getting a second opinion!! Bet its something stupid....

Makes me laugh how many mechanics just assume its one thing but its actually something else.

Get it to someone who knows what they are looking at.!

You're not a million miles from the lads at Birchdown just outside Malpas. Do you think it would limp there?

As MartinR says, I wouldn't just throw the towel in just yet!

D.