ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Average owners age?

I thought I was old at 40 so it's nice to hear that some are in their 50's lol!! Hard to believe I joined nearly 11 years ago when I got my first 172 when some of you were still at school!! lol!

04 Clio 182 12 astra
42 this year 2004 182 and a 2002 zx9r :eek: always had something fast.... got a 2011 astra diesel to be sensible in

S3, Polo
36, mildly modified Iceberg ph2 172 run-about. Used to have a less than perfect 172 Cup. Prefer the 172.

Still hate the driving position but love the driving dynamics of these cars.

DB.

BMW 440i
Peugeot 206 1.4 8v - Age 17-19.
Renaultsport Clio 182 - Age 19-21
VW Mk5 Golf Gti - Age 21-22 (Current)

Rolls Royce Phantom - Age 24 - Onwards.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Mk2 Saxo VTR - Age 18
Mk4 GTTDI Golf - Age 19
Dc2 Integra Type R - Age 20
RS Clio 182 - Age 21

When I'm 22 I'll be rollin' in a BMW Z4MC.

133/225/CLS AMG
21. Can't imagine driving one as a daily above the age of 30 tbh.

Just saw that comment and made me laugh. Why would you not consider one as a daily? Nothing happens in your brain between the age of 21 and 30 that makes you go, 'I need a sensible diesel estate car'!! haha

I had my 172 when I was 21 and it was a superb all rounder, great as young lads car. I ended up with one again at 30 and I use it as a daily car, suits my needs perfectly. It just so happens I have two other RenaultSport cars sitting at home as well.

I'm sure, as I did, a lot of younger drivers on here probably think, 'By the time I'm 30 I'll be in an M3/911/RS4 etc'. Then as you get older you start to realise where cars like the RS Clios slot into life nicely. Fast, fun and reasonable to run alongside paying mortgages and all the other sh!t that life costs you haha.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
I'm 30 (well I will be tomorrow) and I have an R27.

I was 21 before I had a proper hot hatch, I got my Punto GT and Golf VR6 a week after my 21st birthday. I used to pay about £1,100 to isure both.

It amazes me when you see 18 year olds in 1*2's. The insurance must be higher than the value of the car! Unless they are doing it as a named driver on mummy and daddys policy of course......

I'm sure, as I did, a lot of younger drivers on here probably think, 'By the time I'm 30 I'll be in an M3/911/RS4 etc'. Then as you get older you start to realise where cars like the RS Clios slot into life nicely. Fast, fun and reasonable to run alongside paying mortgages and all the other sh!t that life costs you haha.

+1 This :lolup:

182 FF
Im 25 but There's a chap in his 50's near me that owns a 182 with a yozza system. Funny enough it was my mates old car that he bought from a garage. Never seen him boot it though lol always driving very carefully :p

im 33 and just looking for my first clio wanting a 182.. only had a go in one for the first time last night was quite nippy.. ive seen a lot hammering around tracks and always fancied one and love to tinker so will keep me busy i think.. hoping for different styles of tinkering from the fords ive previously been into..(rust treating)..

PB Clio 172
im 33 and just looking for my first clio wanting a 182.. only had a go in one for the first time last night was quite nippy.. ive seen a lot hammering around tracks and always fancied one and love to tinker so will keep me busy i think.. hoping for different styles of tinkering from the fords ive previously been into..(rust treating)..

I wounldnt say an RS clio is a 'tinker' type of car in the way Fords are, just fast and lots of fun :p

I wounldnt say an RS clio is a 'tinker' type of car in the way Fords are, just fast and lots of fun :p
well my plans are to tinker with the one i get.. nothing really engine wise but handling mods and nice and clean under the bonnetand maybe do the underside..
its not going to be an everyday car anyway so being off the road a bit is no problem.. the cossie i just sold did 9k miles in 10 years so this one will not end up like that..
ive only been in one clio 182 and was quite nippy but i really like the look of them.. plus the aircon will be nice if we have a summer next year..

Renault Sport 172
33 and i got my monaco 172 a few months ago, nippy enough motor for the daily comute to work and affordable along side my family diesel mondeo and my weekend toy.( yamaha R1) oh and my mortgage!
Glad to see there are plenty of other rs owners around the same age!