ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Auto Finesse Verso Review and Dressle Re-test!

After receiving the latest trial product in the post - Auto Finesse Verso - I thought it would make sense to combine it with Dressle, a product that I wasn't too swayed by at first use, but one that I wanted to give a good chance at proving it's worth.

12277314833_8ffe0c69dc_c.jpg

The products were tested on this Porsche engine bay, which needed a freshening up and was a perfect opportunity to test both products. The panels were sprayed with neat Verso, which in hindsight was probably overkill but I wanted to test the full strength of the all purpose cleaner. This was then wiped with a Microfibre and buffed to leave the matte finish.

12172180146_7304936c66_c.jpg

12171959134_ff018b8117_c.jpg

12171766963_fc03f5566b_c.jpg

The APC made very quick work of the dirt and didn't leave anything behind, other than a clinically clean surface. The smell is much less offensive compared to quite a few other All Purpose Cleaners, something which usually puts me off using them to clean interiors. Verso was easy to apply through the spray head and very easy to work and remove.

12171540185_107eaf4d16_c.jpg

With the APC cleaning the plastics and under bootlid, the next step was to (liberally!) apply Dressle, and leave overnight. This was so much more successful than the last time I used this product as a 'spray and buff' type of product. As the pictures show, it left a really glossy finish and was much more successful than with the previous attempts.

12172179356_66dd3997be_c.jpg

12172179126_96959f8ab0_c.jpg

And buffed to a shine

12277193275_a82c2d7d6c_c.jpg

12277958963_d399a41db3_c.jpg

12277571484_321ec31246_c.jpg

12278357506_0560dee362_c.jpg

The only thing I can think of as a criticism would be that the amount of Dressle used really was quite substantial just to get an even coat, but now I have run out of 303 Aerospace I will be going for some of this to replace it.

All in all, both of these products will be featuring in my next detail as the ease of use and end results from both are perfect!

Thanks for reading.
Auto Finesse

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I appreciate these products are for the 'enthusiast' cleaner, but testing an APC on a car that's a) really new and b) not very dirty isn't really a good indication of what it can do.

IMO.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
He can only do what's in front of him though Dan, as he was doing that anyway he may aswell have used the products.

Verso works quite well on ropey old s**t motors too lol

Thats one thing I though Chappers, you tend to use a hell of a lot of it!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Oh not putting his work down at all, he knows I wouldn't do that.

I just think these detailing companies could try a bit harder to prove the strength of their products.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
You're right Dan, I guess that's why they're handing them out for testing. Its an apc cleaner tbh, it pretty much does everything, I've used it diluted 2:1 on proper hang on wheels and it brought them up ok. I've also done that with £2 tesco value s**t. What's good about verso is that it doesn't smell offensive or leave anything behind once rinsed/wiped away. That's why it's great as preparation for Dressle. Is it worth the £15 asking price? No, I don't think so.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I think that's the price, I bought it ages ago, but yep my thoughts lol

Edit: I lied £9

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'll stick to my 5ltr of detergent for £17 and it dilutes 10:1 for door shut grease it's that good! lol.

Incidently, the same company has been supplying my polish for years. I got it out the other day and it looked, smelled, went on and came off exactly the same as my AF triple.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I have Verso and used it on my van (i payed for it) and tbh i though it was crap.

I went and grabed my VP CP which worked better.

Ill be buying G101 next.

I appreciate these products are for the 'enthusiast' cleaner, but testing an APC on a car that's a) really new and b) not very dirty isn't really a good indication of what it can do.

IMO.

I will be testing it out on other things but the product landed on my doorstep Friday and needed to be reviewed by today. The place I used it is where I'd use apc and it worked as good as any other, with the benefit of not smelling like brick cleaner!

I would happily buy this for just that job as well because I'm happy with my wheel cleaner and pre-wash, leaving it for the small bits like engine bays and interiors.

He can only do what's in front of him though Dan, as he was doing that anyway he may aswell have used the products.

Verso works quite well on ropey old s**t motors too lol

Thats one thing I though Chappers, you tend to use a hell of a lot of it!

Thanks Ant.

Yea it think it might work better with a fine spray head to get a more even spread I was just using a Waxybox one.

Looks good Andy. Good to see similar results.

Thanks mate, will have a read of yours in my lunch break.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Very nice. Good to see dressle working well.

it may be because my car wasn't heavily soiled but I found 10:1 verso did everything! Wheels, interior (carpets, seats, dash), engine bay and my diffuser.

... Then I had enough left to do the house lol

I will be testing it out on other things but the product landed on my doorstep Friday and needed to be reviewed by today. The place I used it is where I'd use apc and it worked as good as any other, with the benefit of not smelling like brick cleaner!

I would happily buy this for just that job as well because I'm happy with my wheel cleaner and pre-wash, leaving it for the small bits like engine

Bang on, IMO. Especially the smell part. That was actually the part that surprised/impressed me the most.