ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Austin's OEM+ BG 182

Excellent job on the seatbelts, I did mine using the jet wash method and got my mate to hold it in place (gave him a quick blast if he moved), came up like new :)

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Excellent job on the seatbelts, I did mine using the jet wash method and got my mate to hold it in place (gave him a quick blast if he moved), came up like new :)

Cheers mate, it makes a nice difference. I have litteraly been meaning to do them since i got the car. I have specifically waited for a sunny day so they would be able to dry out, my other half bought me some cleaning things back in feb for my bday and have had the nail brush since then to do it.

Next is tyres, im putting the turinis on and need 4 new tyres. And i think the brakes are due shortly, I'm going to do front and rears at the same time.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Update;

The front tyres on the cup wheels need replacing, as I don't want to keep running 195 40 16's I decided to put my Turinis back on, they needed all tyres replacing so today i had 4 new tyres fitted.

I decided to go for Hankook K107 S1evo 195 45 16.

null_zpsc774f497.jpg

null_zps10fc944a.jpg

null_zpsc3d01942.jpg

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Glad to see the turinis back on. Looks great on them. Im thinking of getting rid of my 2118's and swapping them for a set anthracite turini's as mine doesnt look right with 15" wheels since going back to standard suspension with cooksports.

Seatbelts have come out a treat though mate :)

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Glad to see the turinis back on. Looks great on them. Im thinking of getting rid of my 2118's and swapping them for a set anthracite turini's as mine doesnt look right with 15" wheels since going back to standard suspension with cooksports.

Seatbelts have come out a treat though mate :)

Thanks mate.

Yes i know what you mean, you cant loose with Turinis, they are perfect! I do love my cup wheels, but i think they only looked so good because of the 40 profile tyres, 45's make them look a bit crap. It certainly is noce to have them back on now and with all 4 new tyres on. I was also able to give them a good clean while they were off the car which i didnt get to do properly when i first bought them.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I know what you mean. I'm constantly looking at page 5 of this thread and I'm torn between the 2 as both look great.

Your car is awesome and an inspiration :)

Last edited:

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I know what you mean. I'm constantly looking at page 5 of this thread and I'm torn between the 2 as both look great.

Your car is awesome and an inspiration :)

Cheers mate, same too you also.

Il take some new pictures of the full car this week and post them up to help you make your mind up.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Update;

The clio went in on friday for the MOT, it actually failed on the rear number plate light and the rear brake pipe being corroded.

Ive put a new bulb in for the rear plate and dropping the car off tomorrow morning to have the rear brake pipe replaced and then re tested.

39A889B9-2FC5-48AC-A6DC-1E6B333CB93F-757-00000130345E1C60_zps6fffe108.jpg

And today it ticked over to 70k

EA185D21-C28F-4DF7-99A9-1A4EB525494B-757-000001302427FC4C_zpsb8686253.jpg

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Update- first of 2014.

There is a small chip above my door on the driver side, i have never been sure where it actually came from/what caused it but it has irritated me for some time now.
MarcR kindly poated a touch up pot of BG paint which i have put to good use today using it to cover the small chip. Thanks Mark!

A7571277-6D91-4795-921F-E623E087894E-516-0000005D8C3E3599_zps2d96c597.jpg
46E00011-A0E7-4CDF-85DD-E063588AF293-516-0000005DAF75E12E_zps225c4ec1.jpg

A08702A4-1D30-40A6-A40F-70F6B8365111-516-0000005D9A2F9BF2_zps634d4c77.jpg

5971F5A3-82CE-4C01-9AE8-31AA697BCDED-516-0000005D76DFC15F_zps915563b2.jpg

Happy New Year all
Austin.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
yeah, must of been some force, alltho i dont wish to replicate it, as i know something will either break or shatter haha

passenger side hasnt got a mark on it.

Clio 172
Sorry to hijack the thread. I've been trying to contacted you Austin about a little work I need doing. Any chance you could contact me through the Megane sport forums? (User name - Saiper) Tried sending you a PM here, but the system won't allow me.

Cheers.
J

You need to slightly loosen the door catch on the body of the car, and move it back 1mm, mine has the same it seems years of the door getting slammed means the door catch moves too far in then the door hits the roof.

M3,ST250,Caddy,CBR10
This is truly awesome just spent like an hour reading this thread got really excited with some of the things just wish I had the money! I really wanted to ask where you got the alacantara from Austin, I need some for bits in mine and I'm fancying a snappy retrim on my wheel, the 197 wheel rubs and doesn't return properly! Be a massive help if you could point me in the right direction with the alacantara! Cheers Austin.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
This is truly awesome just spent like an hour reading this thread got really excited with some of the things just wish I had the money! I really wanted to ask where you got the alacantara from Austin, I need some for bits in mine and I'm fancying a snappy retrim on my wheel, the 197 wheel rubs and doesn't return properly! Be a massive help if you could point me in the right direction with the alacantara! Cheers Austin.

Austin does all the alcantara himself!

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry to hijack the thread. I've been trying to contacted you Austin about a little work I need doing. Any chance you could contact me through the Megane sport forums? (User name - Saiper) Tried sending you a PM here, but the system won't allow me.

Cheers.
J

Hi J,

I'm sorry mate but i no longer do the Alcantara work.

clio 182 black /gold
Todays update;

For years my seatbelts have looked dirty, i remember when i bought it back in 2008 they didnt look very clean then either and always wanted to clean them but didnt really know how to go about it. I have heard of hanging them out the door and jet washing, but tbh i didnt fancy doing this. A while back i came across a thread on a different forum from a guy in France who cleaned his and they came up immaculate.

Anyone who knows me, know that i keep my interior immaculate at all times and the belts have really been letting the whole interior down.

Its quite a simple process, please read each step below;

Here you can see just how dirty they were, quite disgusting really and I'm not sure how they have got that bad in the first place but i suppose 8 years of use and being silver they show up everything.

null_zps69ee7265.jpg

null_zpsa2de8076.jpg

null_zps1127cbd9.jpg

null_zps4843328c.jpg

null_zps64f11276.jpg

null_zpsec63adf5.jpg

You need to remove the bolt holding the seat bely in first of all, access it from the rear of the car.

null_zps881d7e71.jpg

null_zps906b842b.jpg

null_zpse774f38a.jpg

When removed you need to get a bucket, a small nail brush and some soap powder.

null_zpse1a988e8.jpg

pull the belt as much as it will allow you, then use 2 normal pegs to prevent it from re tensioning back in.

null_zpsf78cc357.jpg

You could use a towel, but i didn't have one so used 2 bin bags to cover the seat.

null_zps4bd52f28.jpg

Mix a small amount of soap powder with warm water in the bucket and place it on the seat, them put the belt in the bucket. Allow to soak for 10-15 mins and then use the brush to agitate the powder into the belt and you will see the dirt breaking down.

null_zpse8fd3fde.jpg

null_zps92c503f6.jpg

null_zps0777f80b.jpg

When cleaned, i wiped the full belt with a microfibre to get rid of the water and as its a warm day, i left them hanging out the door to dry out. I kept wiping them throughout to soak up any water on them to speed up the natural drying process.

null_zpsb040f49b.jpg

When dry, fit back and admire how clean they look.

null_zps44ba3004.jpg

null_zps7f3ef54a.jpg

null_zpsf1e96ae6.jpg

null_zps19312496.jpg

null_zps39e54e5f.jpg

null_zpsdba3d605.jpg

null_zpsd6ab26d5.jpg

null_zps07b30acf.jpg

Austin

Wow what a simple but effective result. I will need to try this on mine.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
The annual service is now due on the clio.

Every year I buy my own parts and change the filters over myself but go to my local garage to have the oil and oil filter changed. I like to buy the parts myself to ensure only the best/genuine parts are used.

Thanks to Adam renaultwolverhampton for my recent order which consited of the following;
Air filter
pollen filter
oil filter and washer
5litres of 5 40 oil as it was 1p but i wont be uaing this in the clio anyway

Thanks to oilman @opieoils for my annual order of the following;
5 litres of Fuchs titan Pro S

This is the best oil available and imo worth spending that little extra on. I use this same oil every service.

That brings the total cost of parts to £85.96 plus £20 for the garage to do the oil change for me. Total price is £105.96 which imo is a fantastic price for a service, any normal garage would probably charge more than this is you just walked in and asked for a service and they would probably use patern parts and cheap oil.

7708B689-0AD6-40DC-BFB9-12E7AD1CC81E_zpsu0gwwjc9.jpg

At some point in the near future i will be changing all front/rear brake discs and pads and changing fluid, again I will be using genuine renault parts only.