ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[Aug 1, 2015] Yorkshire Cliosport Saturday 2015 Thread (Gainsborough)

***** FINAL CALL *****

Now then gents - final call for this.

We are meeting at Junction 33 on the M62 (WF11 0AF) at 6:50am (leaving at 7:00am) on Saturday morning

Its then an hour to the track (DN21 3PE) so should get there for 8am, ready for the action!!

All are welcome, so see you there! :)

Matt

Last edited:
Surely more people from the mighty Yorkshire are interested in this. First time it's been up north so it's a great opportunity.

Me and Jim will be sorting a meeting point for said convoy and will post in here.

GT 128 VVT
im thinking about going but i dont actually know anybody from here so would have to make some friends first! haha

clio 172, mondeo td
I'll be going along all being well but it's a long way away so won't know exactly what I'm working yet.

GT 128 VVT
Exact same here mate need to get along to a meet at some point
I was just thinking today I'd like to get to know some members from round near me so for instance any problems arise I don't know how to fix maybe someone I know will have an idea! Haha plus I could go to meets without feeling like a loner haha
To be fair I knew no one at the recent meet and now have made some decent pals i should reckon! Just come on down to one and the car's are a great conversational point :smile:

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I was just thinking today I'd like to get to know some members from round near me so for instance any problems arise I don't know how to fix maybe someone I know will have an idea! Haha plus I could go to meets without feeling like a loner haha

CSS is great event to get to know people but try also and pop along to some local meets this summer.

You have a terrific local area rep who'll no doubt make you feel welcome and introduce you to the other lads.

GT 128 VVT
CSS is great event to get to know people but try also and pop along to some local meets this summer.

You have a terrific local area rep who'll no doubt make you feel welcome and introduce you to the other lads.
everytime i look for local meets theyre either quite far or ive missed them haha

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I should be going to this, and 90% chance I'll be setting off from York, so if you need someone to help sort something out from there Matt/Jim let me know :)

ph2 clio sport 172
@Bear Head made 183 bhp at Paul s that's with cams, decat and exhaust. About 6 bhp down from when it had high comp forged bottom end so not bad at all.

BG Clio 182
@Bear Head made 183 bhp at Paul s that's with cams, decat and exhaust. About 6 bhp down from when it had high comp forged bottom end so not bad at all.
That's mega impressive! Good figures those. You not gonna be taking the megane? Looked nice when I saw it made me want one more than I already did :/ haha.

ph2 clio sport 172
Yeah I'm happy with results. Car is all stripped out now as well so lots of weight savings. I'm going to this meet in clio as hopefully get a bit of track time as well. Just had breaks done all round on megane and few other bits done. Took that to Paul s for power run but had faulty sensor which controls boost and had a misfire. All sorted now so hoping to get sone figures on megane soon.

BG Clio 182
Yeah I'm happy with results. Car is all stripped out now as well so lots of weight savings. I'm going to this meet in clio as hopefully get a bit of track time as well. Just had breaks done all round on megane and few other bits done. Took that to Paul s for power run but had faulty sensor which controls boost and had a misfire. All sorted now so hoping to get sone figures on megane soon.
Sounds good. Is the Megane not so much fun then for the whole track day and the like? Haha bet brakes are dearer on the Megane too with it being so much bigger disc wise lol.

ph2 clio sport 172
Megane is a better car hands down. Faster, better breaks, lsd etc but clio is so much more fun for me and so much more cheaper lol

BG Clio 182
Yeah, I can imagine to be honest. Especially when they're modified which is obviously far easier to do like haha.