ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

At last finally got a clio ph1

Clio 172 ph1
Hi just thought I would introduce myself I'm Marc jones and live in north wales
ive been looking for a nice clean clio ph1 and I found one on pistonheads this week at had to have it,so agreed a deal with a smashing lad called David and I left 5am this morning to London to pick her up,she drove superbly home I'm made up with it 300 miles to get home and cost me £30 of fuel amazing and stuck at 70 mph all the way
here are a few pics,comments on upgrades would be grateful cheers guys
63AA7126-C542-4F32-8A48-5DAEBD6CE22C.jpg

7AC58989-F8A6-4C84-A033-BD2606A50275.jpg

Clio 172 ph1
Also this car belonged to a member on here I found the card in the glove box
name: robin henderson
memb no : 90472

any history on the car would be great,cheers

Phase 1 172, boxster
Very nice looking, looks lowered?

Cup spoiler and colour coded strips and handles, job done :)

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Colour code the side strips and door handles, ph2 rear lights would look smart, then silvervisions ;) restore the headlights if they're hazy (look clear in your first post though), clear side indicators are also another common mod.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
There aren't many left that are that original so I'd give it a complete refresh and no more :)

Clio 172 ph1
Mixed thoughts do I mod or do I keep completely original just add the splitter on the front refurb the wheels and renew the plastics

Clio 172 ph1
Thanks mate,decided I'm going to refurb the wheels and make the body work immaculate,and interior and keep it totally original

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Im going to be the sad one here.

£30 of fuel to 300 miles would be approx 58MPG.

I cant see it doing that mate.

if it does i will buy it from you ;)

And it does look nice

Clio 172 ph1
Yes £30 of fuel I put in her there was a bit in it so say there was £6 in it for the red so probably about £36 and it was well in the red when I got in,I was doing 70mph all the way home no stops

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Wouldn't bother with the splitter, just another thing to catch. Leave it original although clear side repeaters and silvertec bulbs are ok.

As for an exhaust I'd get a ktec stealth (not the supersport version)

Clio 172 ph1
Wouldn't bother with the splitter, just another thing to catch. Leave it original although clear side repeaters and silvertec bulbs are ok.

As for an exhaust I'd get a ktec stealth (not the supersport version)

Yes I no what you mean about the splitter,I phoned up a place in malpas they will do all the work on it for me,going to just freshen everything up and get it mint

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I'd do a full steering and suspension refresh. New oe bushes, track rods, rod ends, wishbones, ball joints (you get these with the wishbones). Maybe some coilovers (Gaz on a budget or Bilstein if not) and then the ktec exhaust.

Howell

ClioSport Club Member
  172, Crafter, A3
looks a dog mate, if you want me to take it off your hands im happy too.

seriously though, looks a good clean example! i'd do anything for a PH1

Clio 172 ph1
looks a dog mate, if you want me to take it off your hands im happy too.

seriously though, looks a good clean example! i'd do anything for a PH1

Ha ha ha a few people have asked me for it,took me long enough to find it and travelled 600 mile round trip for it so I'm going to keep hold of her and enjoy it,cheers

Clio 172 ph1
Yes that's all I'm doing,I cleaned it all up today took her for a nice drive then the back box fell off,gutted was planning a nice drive 2moro as well

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Lol. Happened to me a week after I bought my last ph1. Get a ktec stealth with the mid silencer.

Clio 172 ph1
What about the exhaust?

What it is I'm not driving the clio,I've just bought my first house and luckily I've got a good garage so it is going to be in there now until next May,then It will be my project making it mint and a nice project ready for next summer
jobs to do

good full service
new ktec exhaust
itg filter
dog box mount
polly bushed
refurbed wheels
get the body work immaculate
fit ph2 rear lights
clear side repeaters
seats refurbed

thats up to now so I'm going to be busy

cheers

Clio 172 ph1
Decided I'm going to keep my ph1 totally original so I'm thinking of just replacing the back box with a standard one,what do you guys reckon mod it,ie change the lights,exhaust,filters,roll cage flocked dash
cheers really don't no what to do

leave it standard mate.....if you have to change anything just lower it,spacers to bring the wheels into the archs more,clear repeaters and silver bulbs,and just mechanically maintain it.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Bilsteins coilovers, spacers and a stainless steel exhaust.

Job done. :cool: