ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ash's 182

Clio 182
Did you use vanish?
I actually used coop's own stain remover! Left to soak for about 25 mins then scrubbed with a nail brush!

Should have undone the bolt on the arm thingy that holds the bottom of the belt in place so you could have got that in the bucket too.
That probably would have been easier than moving the bucket around to soak it all! Oh well, next time!

What do you think of the rstuner map mate?,as this is what im thinking of doing next on mine or going to engine dynamics and getting a custom map by them on the rollers for a bit more cash.
Definitely notice it bringing in the power sooner and smooths off the 5k rpm kick and that it runs a bit better when cold. So did what it said it would really!

Clio 182
Almost a year since I updated this? Wow, doesn't feel like I've owned it for three years either. Currently at around 89000 miles so it's done about 20k in about 3 years.
At the August MOT I failed on a different rear light to the previous year, annoying, but at least an easy fix. I got the exhausts mounts changed at the same time as this also as the others had almost perished.
Since I've updated it last I've had a few issues. First of all a misfire at the start of this year, injectors and spark plugs were changed. After this my battery went flat, or so I thought. Turns out it was the alternator which ended up chewing through a new Bosch battery in a matter of days which I was never able to recharge, unlike the old Yuasa battery (With thanks to Gus for letting me borrow his charger to bring life to the battery again). Then a few weeks ago I thought I had a slow puncture on the offside front, I needed new tyres anyway so took the opportunity to replace them all with the same tyre as before. A couple of days later I noticed the same tyre was slightly deflated thinking that maybe it wasn't at the correct pressure to begin with, but within a week or so it was down to 20 psi. Great I thought, a new tyre and a slow puncture. Got it checked out and it was down to a buckled wheel, nothing obvious with the tyre so that had to be repaired as finding a single turini didn't seem the easiest option, especially considering the colour of the others.

Next up to do is brake pads and discs as these also need changing at the front and I'm going to get the rears done too as they're not far off needing replacement.
A slight positive is that whilst I was attempting to replace the alternator and had the bumper off I got the old headlight washers out and replaced them with the blanks I'd had for ages, but that's about the only cosmetic change otherwise to when it was last seen!
I'm now kind of wondering what to do with it, I've just finished uni so I may be in a position to upgrade to something else later this year or early next year, but really I don't want to sell it, despite constantly being told by parents to get "a cheap runaround" for a bit - I don't think the Clio is what they had in mind when they said the same thing when I was first looking for a car either! In theory, or at least in my mind, it should pass the MOT (Knowing my luck I'll have a list as long as my arm with problems) seeing as I've corrected everything that was an advisory last, but we'll see at the start of august.

42221454714_6228ce1a2d_c.jpg