ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are there any panels shared between a 197 and standard clio?

I may be wrong actually because aren't the 1*2 models different to the non sport models as well? If you look at reps like my old one, the front wheels are slightly too far back in the arches . . .

Titanium 182
Brilliant of Renault, means they can charge more for the parts and because of this insurance is also more. Bravo.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Group 15 is cheap compared to other hot hatches.

Is it? Group 20 gets you an Exige S. Or an M3. Given that it's 14 groups from a Cinquecento to an ever-so-manly Clio, 5 groups to an M3 means hot hatches aren't such a cheap way of having fun!

DCi 100
I may be wrong actually because aren't the 1*2 models different to the non sport models as well? If you look at reps like my old one, the front wheels are slightly too far back in the arches . . .

I know the sports have a different drive track, but I'm not sure about them going forward and back, only in and out. Hutchie has pics of the difference between him having 1.2 drive to 172 bits iirc.

Defo the case lad, when I did my rep with Immi and a couple of others that was one of the ways of telling them apart. The front axle is not as wide and is further back on non sports.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Group 15 is cheap compared to other hot hatches.

Hardly any insurers go off groups now.

TVR group 20 = £780
Z3M group 20 = £805
Noble M12 group 20 = £690
TT 225 group 19 = £800
Clio 172 group 15 = £700!!!!
Saxo VTS group 14 = £300

All quotes for me @ 21 with 3 years NCB from Bell.co.uk apart from the TVR quote as thats done by MSM insurance.

DCi 100
Defo the case lad, when I did my rep with Immi and a couple of others that was one of the ways of telling them apart. The front axle is not as wide and is further back on non sports.

Of course, they don't make the RS models in the best colour though.

Zza0m.png

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Bespoke shell?! What?!

You can MAKE a normal 1.2 into a 197. To complete the styling, you have to cut off and put in a 197 quarter. It's not the first time someone has done that, and it won't be the last.

f**k me, next thing some soft tw*t with a Fiesta Zetec S Mk5 will declare the shell as 'Bespoke' because Ford rolled the arches.

You really are a first class penis. Who said it was the first time? Who said it was the last!?

Dick!

Last edited:
  Better than yours. C*nt.
You really are a first class penis. Who said it was the first time? Who said it was the last!?

Dick!

How about commenting on the bit where you blatantly screwed up? Rather than just being an insulting and condescenting little child? My point was the 197 is just stick/bolt/weld on tat.

Get over it! Jesus.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Screwed up? Er no, it IS different, something you obviously have diffculty with. It may be just 'welded on' but its different than a normal Mk3 no?

Better than yours. C*nt.
Screwed up? Er no, it IS different, something you obviously have dfifculty with. It may be just 'welded on' but its different than a normal Mk3 no?

How in god's name is that 'bespoke' though?

bespoke adjective

/bɪˈspəʊk/-ˈspoʊk/ adj UK formal (US custom-made

)

specially made for a particular person
a bespoke suit
bespoke furniture

? It's just mass-produced, bolt-on tat. As I said, before you waded in getting mouthy.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
It really is the end of the world!! Ok maybe bespoke was the wrong word choice......... Maybe i should google it (like you had to) to check first?

Better than yours. C*nt.
it really is the end of the world!!!! Ok maybe bespoke was the wrong word choice......... Maybe i should google it (like you had to) to check first?

Whut?

Obviously had to google it, as I didn't know what it meant despite knowing it wasn't what the 197 is. Shall I leave you to your little world of fairies and make-believe? That make you happy?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Whut?

Obviously had to google it, as I didn't know what it meant despite knowing it wasn't what the 197 is. Shall I leave you to your little world of fairies and make-believe? That make you happy?

Only if i can leave you to argue that your car isnt a 1.2 Clio with some holes cut into the rear quaters and normal doors with some fibreglass bonded on?

DCi 100
No thread mate, just waiting for those bits to arrive then that'll probably be it till April. Will have to get some more velcro first though.

Can see the alternator guard I stuck on in that pic btw Jamie, drivers side of the RS grille.

New desktop :
http://imgur.com/0OoIq.jpg

;)

Last edited:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Damn good point about the 197 replica's. Surely if the shell's bespoke, that's not possible?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Yawn. I meant bespoke quarters, as in not the same as a STANDARD Mk3.......... Bespoke is obviously the wrong word. Shall we say 'different'?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Ah, fair enough. I'll be using the ph1 tomorrow. Bespoke bumpers, and front wings iirc. ;).

(Forgot the bespoke key.)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Model-specific?

I was thinking

pe⋅dan⋅tic  /pəˈdæn
thinsp.png
tɪk/
dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif
Show Spelled Pronunciation [puh-dan-tik]
dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif
Show IPA

–adjective

1.ostentatious in one's learning.
2.overly concerned with minute details or formalisms, esp. in teaching.

I can use google too ;)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
f**k. That's actually true. FFS. Runs well though, several parts have fallen off to aid bhp/ton.

Clio 1970000000
Hardly any insurers go off groups now.

TVR group 20 = £780
Z3M group 20 = £805
Noble M12 group 20 = £690
TT 225 group 19 = £800
Clio 172 group 15 = £700!!!!
Saxo VTS group 14 = £300

All quotes for me @ 21 with 3 years NCB from Bell.co.uk apart from the TVR quote as thats done by MSM insurance.

Thing is, should you comparing the 197 to a saxo VTS or is it in the next class up? I would compare it to a Corsa VXR, CTR, Cooper S works etc.

Got quoted on my 197 at group 15 and a CTR at group 18!!!

Saying that a hot hatch is 10 groups higher than a 1.2 is a waste of time. Compare like for like.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
think they tend to go off the amount crash/stolen ect..
which is why kit cars as so cheap iirc?