ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple 8/X

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
The wifi should work well for me too. I leave the house, and the wifi is still on, but the signal is s**t, so I can't get Spotify or maps to work until I turn off wifi, which I then forget to turn back on.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Interesting. Put ios11 on my iPad last night.

Charged it earlier, 70ish% at 7pm

Streamed a little bit and now it’s on 10%

Os issue?

My 6s battery has gone absolutely rubbish. I’m getting about 5 hours out of a charge

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Just found another stupid thing. You can no longer use the flashlight on your phone if your battery is below 20%

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
A6E6895B-BB7E-48AE-9025-5D1A3A1EAA6D.png
What's force touch??

Press the screen slightly harder on certain icons etc and it does magic things.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
It’s not pointless it has its uses.

My mate is like that. Refuses to accept anything new because it’s instantly s**t. 3 years latter bragging about how good it is.

They e actually made it worse onios1q by getting rid of swipe from left to get multitasking. It actually became quite intuitive but it’s gone now

Probably because people bitched about how s**t it was when it didn’t have so many uses

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Why would you turn it off?! Just don’t use it if you don’t like it.
Force touch was another draw away from android in my books. Hardly use it but still love it.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Force touch was another draw away from android in my books. Hardly use it but still love it.
Because if you accidentally touch the screen every so slightly too hard s**t started popping up.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Huh! Androids is even better, you can actually add items to it and change it. Also it's not force touch, just hold it for a second then it gives you all options including uninstall etc and icon change.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Huh! Androids is even better, you can actually add items to it and change it. Also it's not force touch, just hold it for a second then it gives you all options including uninstall etc and icon change.

Yes. That’s not force touch is it. No tech involved in holding your finger on something.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I know it's better, I use force touch on my brothers 7 plus and I can't see how it's better, I can also add on to the list and configure it for speed on some apps. My point was Android have a great version of the same idea.

Oh wait, they never called it a fancy name and told everyone they invented it. Both things involve a finger press and bring up the exact same thing.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Anyone downloaded iOS 11 yet?
Updated my 6S on Tuesday night, a few nice tweaks & enhancements, weirdly my phone seems to be faster and more responsive than it was on iOS10, battery life is no worse, in fact it's probably the smoothest release they've done so far IMO, just seems to all work as it should! :hushed:

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I know it's better, I use force touch on my brothers 7 plus and I can't see how it's better, I can also add on to the list and configure it for speed on some apps. My point was Android have a great version of the same idea.

Oh wait, they never called it a fancy name and told everyone they invented it. Both things involve a finger press and bring up the exact same thing.
How did you get that? I take it it isn't on standard launcher? Been looking for something like that for a while now!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure, I've had nova launcher prime for free since I first got both my Note 4 and Note 8. Standard samsung is erm... not that nice for someone who likes things clean. 15 Minutes later I have all the advantages to apple and android andvantages on top. It may just be in new firmware or possible just Nova Launcher or google etc.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
I don't think I want this update on my iPad, I wonder how many times a week I'm going to have to click no to installing it.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Just got my 8 and as a warning to anyone thinking of getting one, do not get a gold one. It’s not gold. It’s pink.

Apart from that, alls good. Setting it up was very easy, taking a pick of the old phones screen and everything jumped across, and it feels and looks lovely. Simply lovely. Lol

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
What do we think of this deal? I paid £50 per month on my iphone 6, and it's been nice paying £18 per month sim only. Could I go to £60 per month, hmmm

IMG_0653.PNG

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
For me, the days of buying a handset through a network are long dead. Buy the handset outright and get a Sim only deal.

If you want to finance the handset, Apple do interest free things once or twice a year, or just get a 0% credit card. Clear it at the same rate as you would with a contract if you're so inclined.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Exactly this, I've had it on my Nexus for as long as I can remember and use the functionality daily!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah the force touch on samsung and iphone is different. The only thing force touch on samsung is the home button. Not that I ever used it anyway and much prefer the samsung especially the oled screen and the size of the s8+. The only thing I can say I miss from apple is the swipe to go back but it more than makes up for the lack of that.