ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple 8/X

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Does anyone else’s WiFi keep turning itself on?

Mine won’t switch off. I turn it off and it comes back on again on its own

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Can’t say I’ve noticed, but I never switch my Wi-fi off. Why would you?

I don’t like the fact it puts a little picture in the corner when you take a screen shot, why, what am I meant to do with it.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member

I don’t like the fact it puts a little picture in the corner when you take a screen shot, why, what am I meant to do with it.

It’s amazing, you can share it straight from there and put it into notes or draw all over it. Hold it and see what you can do it’s innovative

CBR1000RR Fireblade

For when I’m not at home so my phone isn’t continuously searching for WiFi networks that it can’t join?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
It’s amazing, you can share it straight from there and put it into notes or draw all over it. Hold it and see what you can do it’s innovative

Oh yes, but why put it where the back button is on safari, bloody pain!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
For when I’m not at home so my phone isn’t continuously searching for WiFi networks that it can’t join?

Turn off ask to join unknown Wi-fi networks, doesn’t ask all the time then.

Listerine & Poledo
Or I could just turn it off when I leave the house on command centre like I always have done........ oh wait.....
Yeah, but it's a new feature, Apple says we want it.
In the same way we want to use proprietary audio-out connections

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I also like the feature that after every update they assume you want Bluetooth turned on.

Reactions: AK
  Listerine & Poledo
Swipings been a thing since I had an iPad about 5 years ago lol
fonejacker_isp_man.jpg

8 free swipings and a ringding

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
I noticed this too.

Also, iOS 11 has a built in app cleaner for apps you don’t use.

I know it’s deleted one or two apps as they have changed positions but I don’t know which.

It kind of bugs me. [emoji848]
That would piss me off, I had apps on my iPhone which I hadn't used in over a year, but I still want them there in case I decide I need them one day, it's like having a cleaner who throws away all those bits of crap you keep in the garage/shed because they might come in handy.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
I also like the feature that after every update they assume you want Bluetooth turned on.

It's always done the opposite for me. After every update, I'd get in the car and throw a fit as to why the phone wouldn't connect to anything despite it all being fine the night before.

Usually resulted in costa and ginsters everywhere.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
In terms of the app cleaner you can enable/disable this cant you? Go to Iphone storage and there's an option whether you want to "offload unused apps".
With regards to Wifi it doesn't automatically turn mine on/off? It's manual as has it ever been.
IOS 11 has certainly made my 7+ quicker.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
In terms of the app cleaner you can enable/disable this cant you? Go to Iphone storage and there's an option whether you want to "offload unused apps".
With regards to Wifi it doesn't automatically turn mine on/off? It's manual as has it ever been.
IOS 11 has certainly made my 7+ quicker.

Yeah it does dude. Turned mine off earlier and now it’s back on again.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
It's got to be a setting? I had wifi switched off all day yesterday and didn't turn on again, as I have now?
WIFI is shite in work so I always turn it off.

Control center toggles no longer turn WiFi & Bluetooth off stupid idea & the apps bar that takes uo space in messages [emoji20]

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I don’t think I’ve ever switched my data off, don’t see why you’d want to? Save battery life?

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
That’s actually brilliant for me. Only time I ever use the WiFi toggle is to get off a public WiFi that it’s automatically picked up.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
That’s actually brilliant for me. Only time I ever use the WiFi toggle is to get off a public WiFi that it’s automatically picked up.

But it doesn’t connect to unknown Wi-fi automatically? So you must have connected to it before, just unremember it?

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
But it doesn’t connect to unknown Wi-fi automatically? So you must have connected to it before, just unremember it?
Yes exactly, like cloud, starbucks etc... I travel around london all day so is f**king annoying when im on safari etc and it suddenly tries to join a network. But i also may not wish to forget the network everytime.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I read about the Wi-Fi thing today and actually it's perfect for me too! I stream TuneIn at home and take it into my car, but when it goes from Wi-Fi to 4G it mucks up and I have to restart everything... so I've got into the habit of disabling Wi-Fi until I get to work (as I'm leaving the house for work in the morning)

Now though, it'll just disconnect me from my home Wi-Fi and will auto reconnect to my work's Wi-Fi without me having to turn it back on again :smile: