ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple 8/X

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
You have to add places like Dropbox etc.

It actually useful

Ios11 is really good with some little things

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Seems a lot quicker on my 7.

Don’t like the massive titles everywhere, nor the new icon for iTunes Store.

Customisable control centre is okay, but it is still not fully customisable (I don’t want screen mirroring as an option), plus it would have been nice to be able to use 3D Touch to switch between WiFi networks and Bluetooth options instead of only being able to turn them on or off.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Pretty much what O2 are offering.

256gb
£69 up front
£51 pm
5gb data
Unlimited calls and texts

Not to bad but £51 for 5gb is a bit pricey imo. I guess it depends on what data you need though.

When I was looking at the 7 plus a few months ago that was about the price I was looking at but for 30gb.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Lol. Robbing ee b******s.

I think you need to ring ee for a similar deal as it was extortionate last I checked.

Half the data on 02 though

Yeah. I average about 3GB a month so it’s not an issue for me. Everywhere I go has wifi.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Pretty much what O2 are offering.

256gb
£69 up front
£51 pm
5gb data
Unlimited calls and texts

EE offered me £33 per month + £300 up front for 5gb which is £600 less than your offer but for the smaller capacity iPhone.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Any good?
Not hugely different other than control centre and the notification drawer has a different background. Add in a Files app (pointless) and a few different app icons and faster apps and that’s about it.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Just put IOS 11 on my 6S.

it's given the phone a fresh feel with the new icons and control centre but ultimately, it's still going to do the same thing that it did before. all I'm hoping for is slightly better battery life although that was not really a concern for me anyway

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
lol, I hate updating, never know what's going t happen and can't go back

just-that-ek

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane R26
I ordered an iPhone 8 the other day. I'll be with Virgin:
256GB iPhone 8 (standard size, not plus)
40GB data
Unlimited text/minutes
£43 a month, no upfront cost.

Happy with that

That's more like it, very tempting to go for that myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I ordered an iPhone 8 the other day. I'll be with Virgin:
256GB iPhone 8 (standard size, not plus)
40GB data
Unlimited text/minutes
£43 a month, no upfront cost.

Happy with that

Wow thats a good deal...I'd be all over that.

I wonder if prices of the 8 will drop slightly when the X is officially on sale.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Wow thats a good deal...I'd be all over that.

I wonder if prices of the 8 will drop slightly when the X is officially on sale.

Possible. I ordered the 8 because I prefer the way it looks - thats all tbh. Apple products dont tend to dip or get discounted for quite a while so maybe not

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
You have to be a Virgin Media customer, but they're still doing the offer.
If I refer a friend I also get £50 (so do they) so I have refered the mrs :smiley: Shout if you want a referral :wink:

Do virgin do 4G now? Also, are they still using EE? Be wary that will likely change in the next 12 months (if it hasn't already) as they won't be paying money to a direct competitor in the quad play market.

Listerine & Poledo
Stuff that for a laugh

I’ll keep my current phone and get another battery fitted
Thats my plan.

Keep this 6S rolling and take it in for its warranty-replacement battery.
That's another year or so sorted, at least. Maybe an updated SE will come along, but that'll probably not even have a charger port or microphone on it.....because it's leading the way, or whatever

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Do virgin do 4G now? Also, are they still using EE? Be wary that will likely change in the next 12 months (if it hasn't already) as they won't be paying money to a direct competitor in the quad play market.

Apparently they launched 4G about 10 months ago 😂😂

They've used the EE network since before it was EE, will they change that just because it's been bought by EE?

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Apparently they launched 4G about 10 months ago 😂😂

They've used the EE network since before it was EE, will they change that just because it's been bought by EE?

Meh, I never paid much attention to their offering, as last I checked it didn't have 4G, so no point.

Yeah, they were certainly planning on ditching EE, because of the BT deal. They don't want to be subsidising the quad play offering of another company. Whether it happens or not I guess will come down to the pounds and pence involved.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Now I'm still rolling with a 5s (I know, I'm tight)
Would you say updating to iOS 11 would be its last nail in the coffin? I'm not looking to upgrade phone anytime soon so don't want to really risk breaking it

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Now I'm still rolling with a 5s (I know, I'm tight)
Would you say updating to iOS 11 would be its last nail in the coffin? I'm not looking to upgrade phone anytime soon so don't want to really risk breaking it

I wouldn't risk it

Unless you have to update (to get features to work etc), I wouldn't bother updating an old phone.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Flappy bird won't work on ios11

I noticed this too.

Also, iOS 11 has a built in app cleaner for apps you don’t use.

I know it’s deleted one or two apps as they have changed positions but I don’t know which.

It kind of bugs me. [emoji848]

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
EE offered me £33 per month + £300 up front for 5gb which is £600 less than your offer but for the smaller capacity iPhone.

I got a call off EE the other day as my contract is up in October.

They wanted £67 a month for a 64gb/8, 100gb of data and unlimited minutes and texts with £50 upfront payment.

I just laughed at then. Said he could do it for £58 a month with £100 up front.

Thing is, I use about 2/3gb a month.

So I’m going to go sim only and get an 8 on the Apple payment plan for £33 a month.