ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple 8/X

Listerine & Poledo
We quoted me

64gb
£50 up front
£48 pm
10gb
Unlimited calls and texts

Not as much data, but do you really need 26gb?
That's not bad, certainly better than what @Davyy has seen -

£1460 over the term (24m)
-v-
£699 for 64gb + £408 (vodafone 8gb SIM, 12m term) = £1107

133T
My 6s is all over the place. Slowing up, freezing, couldn't make calls. Then had issues in the car connecting. :neutral:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Agreed but the 8 plus camera is currently looking immense! Check out mkbhd's pictures so far!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I can see what you mean by that new gold! That's proper blush with cream front and back! No guy is running around with that!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Turn off auto brightness? Why It’s awesome!

I quite like not burning my eyes at night and being able to see my phone in the sunlight.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Since updating my battery has completely gone to s**t. Hardly on my phone today and it ran out completely by 5:30pm.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Turn off auto brightness? Why It’s awesome!

I quite like not burning my eyes at night and being able to see my phone in the sunlight.

Nah it drives me bonkers, turn it off on every device I have. I just have everything at 50% which suits me fine :smile: only time I change it is to the minimum level at night, and maximum when using it as sat nav. Takes all of 2 seconds to change it to what I want manually!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Since updating my battery has completely gone to s**t. Hardly on my phone today and it ran out completely by 5:30pm.
Always seems the case after updating with Apple, it would be okay if you knew what was causing it!

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Always seems the case after updating with Apple, it would be okay if you knew what was causing it!
I know what causes it. Apple lets you put s**t on a phone it was never designed for, knowing full well it can't handle it meaning you're much more likely to buy the new model. Job done.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
What phone is it?

If it’s a 6s, it could be one with a faulty battery. I had mine replaced foc after they couldn’t fix it

Yeah it is mate but I did a search and my serial number didn’t come up and one of the bad ones.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Yeah it is mate but I did a search and my serial number didn’t come up and one of the bad ones.

Aww ffs.

Ze kraut is right though. The phones can only take so many update before they start to s**t themselves. One of the Apple store blokes got really offended when I told him that I don’t update because it breaks the phone. “But that’s why we release updates! They fix problems like this” looool, no they f**k them up m8

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Have a look at the battery use chart and see if you can see a particular app that’s caning the battery, might be an older one that’s not yet been updated for iOS 11 and is causing an issue.

Also try a hard reset (hold down power and home key until the phone reboots) if you’ve not done it already.

My 5S is completely fine on iOS 11 and that has the same guts as the 6S so it’s not a case of the hardware not being able to take it, there’s some interaction going on there that’s not quite right is all.

Listerine & Poledo
My 5S is completely fine on iOS 11 and that has the same guts as the 6S so it’s not a case of the hardware not being able to take it, there’s some interaction going on there that’s not quite right is all.

The SE has the same innards as a 6S, a 5S is 2 generations back.

But if it's running 11, so much the better

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Doh, yeah, it's an SE. Brain-keyboard interface failure :D

For what it's worth (which I appreciate isn't much, as it's all anecdotal), my work 6S has been running iOS 11 since Friday and that's fine too.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve had no issues with my 6s on ios11 since may sometime. Battery life is marginally worse but other than that the phone is fine

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Just gone to use the calculator, it’s utter w**k it can’t keep up?

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Yeah, ok. My tip would be just do 5+5 then hit = constantly. If you’re really struggling that is...

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Lol basically if I’m adding loads of small numbers together it can’t keep up.