ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone sold their Megane RS for a Clio?

Meg 225
Ok as the topic says, anyone sold their Megane RS for a Clio? Been a member for quite a while as i had a very mint 172 Flamer, loved it to bits but wanted something a bit bigger/faster. I put my Flamer up for sale and someone contacted me and wanted to trade in his PH1 Megane 225 with leather recaro's factory sat/nav etc. the Meg is stage 1 mapped and it pulls like a train. After owning it just for a few weeks i can't seem to get a decent 'click' with the car. The drive is fast but nothing near as fun as my 172 was. The last couple days i been looking at R26's (is the difference in seats and LSD make the ride much more fun?) but also 197's and 200's. As i haven't driven any i wanted to know if anyone has or knows anyone who has sold their Megane to come back to a Clio 197/200 just for the fact it's more fun too drive, NOT for financial reasons!
I use the car as a daily driver but not much highway miles, i love driving B-Roads and just live about a 1,5 hour drive from the Nurburgring, so i would go to track with the car.
Do i need to see a doctor? Would i regret if i go back to N/A from a boosted car?

Cheers Paul

My old mint 172
8654203635_673a2f4897_o.jpg

DSC_5421.jpg by Paul_jazzy83, on Flickr

And the 225
8665187920_f9934bc13f_o.jpg

IMG_8814 by Paul_jazzy83, on Flickr

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
I drive every clio nearly every week.197 /172 /182 /200-

Without fail my flamer was the best for fun. & best value for money- but I had spent 6k getting it there. which is 197 money.

Meg 225
Well only a test drive will tell me if it's worth selling the Meg, as mine is a FF PH1 Meg it isn't half as fun to drive, i do love the turbo woosh and dump valve, the power is also nice, but as soon as it's a bit damp it's only spinning so that sucks...
And the Clio is also the better looking car!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I sold my 172 for a 225, had that about 3-4 months then sold it for a 182

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
I see your problem. needs lowering with cup shocks.
or cup springs and shockers
i had the same problem when i got mine now mines to where i want it i couldn't go back to a clio.
And i drive them back to back at the mo.
P.s the seats are no recaro just renault leather seats

Audi A5
I had a 182 for two years, then got a r26 for 6 months, then got a another 182 which I've just sold after a year of ownership. Next up is a 197.

the megane was better in every way but I prefer owning a clio for some reason, probably because their such cheap fun cars that can be tinkered with.

Meg 225
before i go back to a Clio (must be a 197 or 200) i certainly will test drive a R26, just after 6 weeks ownership i started to really miss my Clio and if t's just for straight line fun i could buy a E39 M5 for the same money as a R26, also a bit scared the turbo'd megane will cost me a s***load of money in the end, but maybe that's because i've never owned a turbo car before and only read horror story's bout them

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
depending on budget get an R27 & cash to spend on mods or get a 200 FF with High spec-
S

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
i would say the megane would be cheaper to run than a 197. one of my friends had to sell his couldnt afford the petrol as it done 22mpg (197)
my 225 never goes below 26mpg
they feel a bit boaty when cornering

I have the same dilema now but not owned either yet. I dont do many miles but need a car for juat short runs and weekend fun. I wqs thinking a non turbo would be easier and cheaper but now I read above that the r26 mighty be the cheaper to run than the 197? Any imput welcome