ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone own a dci 65?

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
that auto trader link is petrol. the revometer goes upto 7000rpm. the dci with the new look intrument cluster on the mk2 ph2 only went upto 5000rpm on the revometer

BG 182
but if you look closely at the clocks it looks like DCI screen between them :S can't see the plate so you can't check on insurance

Albi blue 197
i used to have a 65 dci and was a really nice drive and dead cheap to run they are turbo'd too i had few good plans for mine but i went and bought the 197 at mint deal just buy intercooler i have pipework if you wana buy ;) and do egr removal panel filter and decat then remap youl be pushing over 100 bhp (Y)

Albi blue 197
there was a lad on here with 400 odd thou before on my old one i had 120 thou and was still running sweet as a nut!!!

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS
True, someone on here does have one with 400k on:
5ad8c71a-3dda-ab62.jpg

Treat them with regular services, let them cool down before turning the engine off plus don't 'flog' it everywhere and they will last forever.

You can find some good dCi 65 out there, but it is rare to get a good 80 or 100, especially with low mileage.
I have only ever once seen a 100 with less than 100k on the clock.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
so true /\ mine was on 80k when i bought it ( dci 80) then the engine had a ne turbo intercooler ect, then went bang, now i have another dci 80 engine with 40k on it and remmaped to 105 bhp :). little more fun and i will defo look after this one!. the shell will rust away before the engine goes

What sort of mileage are these good for? Any big problems with the diesel engines?
Injectorss and pumps can be issues. I recon if they make over 80k then there ok for another 80k.

Unfortunatly pumps and injectors arn't cheap.

As for milage limits there isn't any I've heard of over 500k ones and that was years ago.

They stick the engine in the Megan and thats heavier and bigger and you see them with big miles without issues.

So long as the pumps hold on them then the killer is the rest of the car/ maintenance if if you don't do the cambelt and it snaps 100k after the last one has been chnaged then the cars usualy scrapped. After all at 172k it not worth much usualy anyway and thats after you fix them same goes for MOT and services new ball joints + other MOT issues plus bushes etc can write them off.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
100 is the best if your looking for a decent compromise of power and performance, torque limit as standard isnt great though, a remap completely transforms them! mine was brilliant! they are still holding mega money though!

80's are popping up cheap these days making a good buy, take one over a 65 if you can find one!, 65s arent a bad choice though especially if your not planning on remapping, if you are then it has to be at least an 80 for the better injectors.

matter of preference, gearbox and linkage setup on the dci65 and 80 is rubbish (as it is on the 1.2, 1.4 and 1.6 petrols) and the same as the 172/182 one although they get the benefit of the extra mount.

100 box is nice to use and hydraulic clutch is 10x better especially when commuting! so light!