ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rare Recaro Trendlines???

X J07HAM

ClioSport Club Member
  RS 200/RS 182
So I have posted about these seats in a few places but haven't had much luck finding anything out about them.

When I bought the car it had these trendlines fitted. Was told that they were from an Astra GSI however, I can't seem to find ANYTHING on these seats. I have searched and searched and can't find a thing. The closest I found was a Facebook marketplace listing for some crayola recaros which are basically a multicoloured version of these.

The majority of people have told me they are from an Astra, pretty rare and are worth a fair bit of money?

If anyone could help and tell me what car these are from, if they are actually as rare as people tell me they are and what these would be worth if I was to sell them? (They are not currently for sale!!!)

Cheers (y)

received_4125323594258179.jpeg

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
I can say for certain that they're deffo not from a Mk4 Astra GSi.
I've read that the Mk5 Astra 888 had Trendlines as an optional extra but they're part leather with the 888 logo in them and the suede insert in various colours that matched the car.
There's another Mk4 Astra that has some similar looking ones, it's the Opel Astra OPC (mute the shitty music)

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Can’t say specifically what they are from, but non Renaultsport Trendlines seem to sell around £500-750. The Renaultsport versions which are usually black vinyl with alcantara centres seem to hover around £1000 nowadays. Condition is obviously super important. Maybe worth a touch more if from a super rare model of car and they were an upgrade option.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
They are probably the off the shelf Recaros at the time. A bit like you can buy the CSs with their base spec artista cloth.

shopping.jpeg

Mcaff

ClioSport Club Member
AA0F4C32-4B56-4105-8C2E-3BEA76BB5759.jpeg

I had these in my clio when I bought it, I had the same question where did they come from, I ended up contacting recaro directly that told me they would have been a factory order and not specifically from a car. Anyway I sold them for £700 I think because they are unsupportive shite like most recaros.

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
View attachment 1649221

I had these in my clio when I bought it, I had the same question where did they come from, I ended up contacting recaro directly that told me they would have been a factory order and not specifically from a car. Anyway I sold them for £700 I think because they are unsupportive shite like most recaros.

I think there's quite a bit of variation in comfort on them. I only say that as my only experiences of Trendlines were in my Accord Type R, I liked them a lot, but quite a few people said to me they were shocked that they felt much more comfy & more supportive than the ones that were in the 182 Trophy & the Meganes 🤷‍♂️

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
View attachment 1649221

I sold them for £700 I think because they are unsupportive shite like most recaros.
I was looking at trendlines for my 182. I even enquired about the above seats, but had heard they’re not the most comfortable. And I didn’t fancy hitting circuits with a 2 piece seat. I Went for new Pole Positions in the end and although I can feel every bump in the road now, the seats are so comfortable.

Edit - Trendlines not being comfortable, not the above.

X J07HAM

ClioSport Club Member
  RS 200/RS 182
I agree with how unsupportive the trendlines are but I find these extremely comfortable. I wouldn't dare take it on track and wouldn't feel overly safe for a full b road basher.

Cars too low to thrash it around corners and over bumps anyway but can say they've been perfect for daily driving for the past 6 months