ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Antivirus software

Not a Clio
Me and the Mrs have 14 days left on our NOD32 trials. Looking at the best part of £40 for a 1 year licence, is there an equivalent free alternative or should I just fork out?

I'm not interested in AVG or Avast, they both seem too heavy. Just need AV, no firewall. NOD has been excellent, very light weight and uncomplicated.

Not a Clio
I need a double licence though as we've got 2 PC's. Just found it for £34 for 1 year which isn't too bad.
Edit: £30 from a US reseller if the USD to GBP conversion was correct.

Me and the Mrs have 14 days left on our NOD32 trials. Looking at the best part of £40 for a 1 year licence, is there an equivalent free alternative or should I just fork out?

I'm not interested in AVG or Avast, they both seem too heavy. Just need AV, no firewall. NOD has been excellent, very light weight and uncomplicated.
I know you said that avg is heavy, I find it good & not too heavy at all. I use zone alarm for my firewall. I use avg free for the rest.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
I put off installing the lastest AVG after all the horror stories, but eventually thought I better stick something on as I was running without (still don't reckon it's needed though :p).

I've been happy with it, just make sure you don't install any of the crap bits that come bundled with it now like that link scanner stuff and it's fine imho.

Not a Clio
Tried BitDefender and had problems. I've even got a valid licence for it still I think.

I guess it can't hurt to try AVG again, I haven't used it for a while but wasn't keen the last time I tried.