ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Antivirus

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
been using AVG for a couple of years now with no issues, but lately it seems to be slowing my system down and it would appear that it let something through the other day :dead:

so I am wondering what other free antivirus software is out there that's good, heard about Avast and Avira, or should I just stick with AVG?

I can also get the full version of McAfee for free through my bank, not used it for years but it was crap back then, is it any good these days?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Rich i got Mcaffe free through hsbc last year and fair play i didnt get anyproblems atall with it, it never slowed down the computer, always blocking every crap, i would use it again if they still offer it free,

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
using Avast now, seems to be running well and not intrusive, so will stick with that for now

and I've been using Malwarebytes for long time as well

DMS

A thirsty 172
I'm running MS Forefront Client at the moment. It's essentially just an AV extension to Windows Defender and it's no more intrusive. However, it's not free (unless, like me, you have a Technet subscription :cool: )
I used to use Avast free edition though, that's perfectly good.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Any of these work for mac, or anyone know any.

I know there are many virus' etc but i feel naked without something on.

DMS

A thirsty 172
Any of these work for mac, or anyone know any.

I know there are many virus' etc but i feel naked without something on.

There used to be a free version of ClamAV for Mac OS X which was quite good. I don't know if it's still available though.