ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another .:R Owner - New Daily

Seat Ibiza
Thanks guys. Yes, it's steel grey. I may remap it being a K04d engine, almost rude not to!

On the way home i mastered the steering wheel controls so no knob issues!

It was expensive, yes, but i got a 10% discount. It has every option but Cruise.

Cruise control was a fantastic idea, do you never use it?

I guess being around london it wouldn't really work!

Turbos.
I occasionally set it by accident in the Porsche, that is far as i've got! To be honest it would be useful for my commute (motorway all the way) it may be useful, but then i've never had an issue with using my right foot, just lazy with my left!

Seat Ibiza
I occasionally set it by accident in the Porsche, that is far as i've got! To be honest it would be useful for my commute (motorway all the way) it may be useful, but then i've never had an issue with using my right foot, just lazy with my left!

Thats fair enough, I guess you have a fair few other options to play with ;)

172, Tiguan
Being a VW I assume they could add cruise to it if you wanted it later fairly quickly. Didn't take long on our Tiguan.

Lovely car Rob.

260% JCW
Nice motor, a re-map should see 316bhp and 420Nm

Make sure you get the DSG map though as opposed to the map for the manual. They're fuel'd differently apparently because of the quicker shifting on the DSG.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
That's just awesome Rob. I mean it's no 997T but it's the pinnacle of the market you were wanting.

How you enjoying the Dsg? Was your 997 non Pdk?

So much pace. So much refinement.

You remind me why I want a change.

53 Clio's & counting
Looks lovely Rob but you should have said, I could have got you discount!

When it's due servicing etc, drop me a PM and if you fancy a trip up the M4, il be able to get that done for you

53 Clio's & counting
Being a VW I assume they could add cruise to it if you wanted it later fairly quickly. Didn't take long on our Tiguan.

Lovely car Rob.

believe it or not Jon, some new ones you cant yet retro fit CC - Passat cc being one, il check if the R is compatable when im back in on Monday

That looks awesome!

Are these 4WD?

Yeah dude, heldex

BMW 330d :)
Nice. I think it would be between this or a used 1M or M3 for me... I bet its better on fuel than the old R32 as well..

Great cars. Great spec. But those wheels are really out of my taste zone. And I'm sure you've explained it already but; this over an RS4? Really?!

275 Trophy
I had a quick look at a Golf the other day that caught my eye. Looked quite smart, but then I saw the R badge and really did think, is that all they are? Is that the best they can do? Could really of just been any other bland new derv box.

A couple of days later I saw and thought the exact same thing about a Scirocco R. The interior does look great though, and if, as you posted, you wanted something low-key, then I guess it fits the bill but it's not my thing.

Turbos.
I think there is an option out there for everyone though really. If you want everyone to know you have the greatest hot hatch, then the Focus RS is the more obvious choice. But i really don't want to be worrying about my car getting keyed or worse. There was also the additional box ticked having the Haldex.

The 1M was probably the car i wanted, but didn't need. Great drivetrain but spec wise it is a bit lacking, and i would have grown bored of the manual. I'd also drive it like a hooligan, part of the reason why i sold the CSL.

I haven't got rid of the 997 yet. As you can imagine, depreciation is pretty savage. It will be cheaper to off load it to someone else in my company; i know my dad is thinking of having it but he'd like to PX for a Gen 2 PDK.

Turbos.
Looks lovely Rob but you should have said, I could have got you discount!

When it's due servicing etc, drop me a PM and if you fancy a trip up the M4, il be able to get that done for you

Thanks Russ, i did get a 10% discount which i was happy with. Supposedly they are not meant to offer discounts on Rs.

I was really surprised that my dealer said there is no running in period! I'm going to enforce one anyway.

Maybe i'll search for some tuners nearer your way and make a day of it.

BMW 330d :)
I've actually seen quite a few of the r's, vw must be selling a fair few. I suppose it looks more understated and better built than the 1M. It would tune quite easily as well and you would get all of the power down.

I don't understand why they left the sciorrico r fwd. Marketing?

DB.

BMW 440i
I think there is an option out there for everyone though really. If you want everyone to know you have the greatest hot hatch, then the Focus RS is the more obvious choice. But i really don't want to be worrying about my car getting keyed or worse. There was also the additional box ticked having the Haldex.

Agreed with this, for me the FRS is just too much and a bit chavvy. If I was looking at the best hot hatch, I'd probably opt for an Audi S3 tbh. The Golf is the more subtle and less 'look at me' which has a massive appeal to some people.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Lovely. Incredibly fast too. Drove a Scirocco R and Golf R back to back a while ago. The Golf was mental.

However I'd Still have a current S4 over that.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Mental to think that cruise isn't standard equipment.

Lovely, lovely car though. Almost the perfect daily.

I'm not a big VW fan but I'd seriously look at one next... I looked at one before the 200 deal was done, but it was about £5k more than my budget. lol

Snotter's
Evoms/itg induction kit and giac/revo map easy 320bhp.

If you want to go a little further then a fuel pump and downpipe will see circa 360bhp.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I think there should only be a couple of options for flagship cars. Definitely most should come as standard.

M135i
Thanks Russ, i did get a 10% discount which i was happy with. Supposedly they are not meant to offer discounts on Rs.

I came quite close to buying one recently and was told by my dealer that they wouldn't be able to do me a discount on the list price.

Being a pauper I was buying on PCP anyway, but the monthlies just worked out that bit too much - I was disappointed that the GFV seemed quite low compared to other cars in the same price bracket. In the end went and bought something else; but do kinda wonder if I've made the right choice......

Congrats anyway, perfect spec and colour choice!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I love the spec but am also shocked that on a golf costing 40k there is no cruise unless you pay.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Love Silvers and Grey on proper cars these days.

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
I've actually seen quite a few of the r's, vw must be selling a fair few. I suppose it looks more understated and better built than the 1M. It would tune quite easily as well and you would get all of the power down.

I don't understand why they left the sciorrico r fwd. Marketing?

Because the factory where scirocco's are built dont build any 4 wheel drive cars

DB.

BMW 440i
Love Silvers and Grey on proper cars these days.

I do love Grey, but think I'd always choose Black over Grey, despite often liking the Grey more. Not too keen on Silver.

Re. - White being too common, it's still a lot less common than Black, it's just white wasn't popular before and has increased why it's being commented on these days. I kinda wish I bought a black Gti at one point, but cleaning wise/shine wise, the white is a lot easier to work with than black from my experiences. Think my next one will also be white tbh because of this!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Grey > Black. You'd need to be certified insane to buy a Black car twice.

DB.

BMW 440i
Grey > Black. You'd need to be certified insane to buy a Black car twice.

I would go back to black (tee hee).

I'm thinking a 330 convertible for my next car though, and the white > black hands down.

Different car suit different colours more, Golfs looking amazing in that grey!

This one ^ (someday)
Because the factory where scirocco's are built dont build any 4 wheel drive cars

I thought that all the R cars are built by Volkswagen Individual in a separate factory. The body shells are built with the rest of them but then they're taken elsewhere.