ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another .:R Owner - New Daily

Wait a min.. those pictures on the back of the seats are they saying not to use the harness holes for.. harnesses? :S

The relese to fold the seat forward is where you'd put the harness so it could easily cause the seat to fold in a crash.

Turbos.
I think it is more of a liability thing from VW to 'ban' use of harnesses; as we've seen on here, a lot of people fit harnesses incorrectly, which is potentially lethal.

I treated the car to a protection detail on Friday. As i've mentioned before, i park on the street now which has massive overhanging trees so wanted it sealed ASAP. Unfortunately it was a miserable day so didn't get much in the way of pictures, but i was really happy with the results. It looked cleaner than when i picked it up, and got a lot of nice comments over the weekend.

It is now run in (i largely ignored the running in phase, tbh) and generally all is ok. The front window seals are a bit noisy, and i have heard a couple of graunches from upshifts. It is an interesting problem as both times it seems to have happened after i've been hooning it, when i've then immediately gone back to sedate driving. Its almost like it got confused with requiring an immediate upshift, but then noticed it should be more relaxed...and gets confused in the process! Anyway, i am going to get these checked out then my next plan is to get her a downpipe and map. It feels quick in isolation but dog slow compared to the 997T!

Img_0606.jpg

Img_0605.jpg

Img_0604.jpg

Img_0608.jpg

Also snapped this, bit of a rarity i imagine!

Img_0603.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The 997T is brutal. Put my heart in my mouth when accelerating so not surprised the R feels a bit slower. Stunning machine.

I'm guessing UF were close by? What sealant did they use? I'd have been looking at a ceramic sealant due to the tree sap and possible bird etching.

Turbos.
Ultimate Finish just sell products (at Brands Hatch), it was Rob at Supercar Detailing who actually did the work. Not entirely sure what he used, but i have a print out in the glovebox so will post back tonight with what it is!

Best thing about the Morgan was the mag centre locks, hilarious choice for a Morgan! Really needed the Mini lights opposed to the cross-eyed Beetle ones.

This one ^ (someday)
Can you give me the details of getting the car a protection detail?

Our scirocco has been to the menders once and is due to go again soon!
Air temperature sensor broke after 1000 miles and a sign blew off the wall in a petrol station and dented the door..

I cant stop myself getting very annoyed by the DSG box, if you want just a little bit of poke to get out on to a roundabout it just skips through the gears and stops you getting any power. In a manual you just have ultimate control and having had the scirocco full time for a month now (dad has been on holiday) I keep finding myself craving a manual gear box.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Can you give me the details of getting the car a protection detail?

Our scirocco has been to the menders once and is due to go again soon!
Air temperature sensor broke after 1000 miles and a sign blew off the wall in a petrol station and dented the door..

I cant stop myself getting very annoyed by the DSG box, if you want just a little bit of poke to get out on to a roundabout it just skips through the gears and stops you getting any power. In a manual you just have ultimate control and having had the scirocco full time for a month now (dad has been on holiday) I keep finding myself craving a manual gear box.

Put the DSG in manual mode. Mental.

This one ^ (someday)
The DSG is phenomenal in manual mode. So so smooth and fast.

It's just when you want a tiny bit of poke and don't want to get involved in moving things and flipping paddles, just a dab of the foot and sod all happens its irritating.

S3 Sportback, Ninja
WTF do you do for a job? Loving the golf, the audi S3 really is too tame imo, I wonder how many people would actually know what it was without the badges.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

It's just when you want a tiny bit of poke and don't want to get involved in moving things and flipping paddles, just a dab of the foot and sod all happens its irritating.

Sport button?

53 Clio's & counting

I thought that about the dsg when it first came out mate, but enough miles in the car and you learn to drive around it, i find applying throttle a split second before you woild in a manual seems to work.

Turbos.
As said, you have the option to put it in manual and also sport will avoid it changing up early. It is funny when you're wondering why it isn't moving and you look down and it is in 6th already! I have learnt to deal with it, i will manually downchange for a roundabout so it waits for me to upchange as i exit.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Very clever, will of course take some getting used to. My Boss' PDK'd 997.2T is brutal in auto/sport.

Turbos.
Yep, the PDK is astonishingly quick. My dad doesn't want my pauper Gen 1, he's been looking at a beautiful Meteor Grey Turbo S but f**k me, at £105k we could have a GTR each :dapprove:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
My boss got offered about 65-70k for trade against a Bentley. PDK 997.2 in Red. 60 plate. Mental. Was around 120k when bought!