ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another .:R Owner - New Daily

Turbos.
So i've been waiting a mammoth 8 months for it, but my new Golf R has finally arrived!

When i first started looking for a new car, it was based around my decision to move into London which involves street parking. Therefore, i wanted something reasonably subtle that wouldn't get unwanted attention, but would get a nod from like-minded enthusiasts. After ruling out a B7 RS4 (manual only), i moved onto the S3. I had managed to convince myself the Sportback 5dr was was like a shrunken RS4, but the more i looked at them, the more i wasn't convinced on the looks. Then came along the Golf R, which i previously didn't know existed! It is effectively the same beast, but, in my eyes, a prettier dress.

So here are a few iPhone shots from the dealer's at lunchtime. She is fully loaded, with DSG, sunroof, Sat Nav w/camera, Dynaudio, ACC, heated Recaros and 19" wheels which come with the black headlight housings. So far i love the seats and steering wheel, can't wait to get a few miles under my belt in it :approve:

Img_0500.jpg

Img_0512.jpg

Img_0511.jpg

Img_0503.jpg

Img_0502.jpg

Img_0505.jpg

Img_0504.jpg

Img_0506.jpg

Christ, I remember way back when you were talking about first ordering this!

Looks superb. Those seats are mental nice.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Now that is f*cking LOVELY.

Perfect spec. No point in skimping mate... leave that to the paupers.

306 GTI-6
Got any less arty pics to show the full car?

Interior looks ace, and the colour too. I personally dont like the wheels, but seems to be a trend with most new cars nowadays.

Turbos.
They are very similar to wheels on the Audi S5...in fact i'd say many of the styling cues are a bit Audi-like.

Sorry, will get some proper shots up when i find where i placed my DSLR!

306 GTI-6
They are very similar to wheels on the Audi S5...in fact i'd say many of the styling cues are a bit Audi-like.

Sorry, will get some proper shots up when i find where i placed my DSLR!

Didnt mean it in a bad way about the arty shots! shows off the car well, what you can see ;)

I love the interior, it makes it look way more premium than a VW. I would be chuffed to have that parked on my drive put it that way

Seat Ibiza
I really like it, I thought it only came in blue? But that looks very smart!

I'd love the Audi RS4 though!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Very nice looking car.Love the colour and the wheels and the seats are awsome.

Is this a purchase or a pcp deal.?

Audi TT 3.2
Wow that is stunning! Great spec too!

Them seats are amazing, the interior looks like a nice place to be!

GTD, Lupo
I love these too bits, a chap at my work has a blue one and the noise is lovely. I priced one of these up when they first came out and it got above £40k :eek: Im guessing this isnt wouldn't far off? I would have picked this over the S3 any day. i think if i had the money and was looking for a golf size car this would be top of my list.

What colour is it steel grey? and what plans do you have if any? personally i would leave it as is, stunning,

Last edited:
  1995 Renault Clio 1.8 16v
Gorgeous car, nothing i'd do differently, except maybe my cheque would bounce when it came to pay for it... Haha!
Clarity on sat nav and dial display is amazing, DSG is awesome too!

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Really tidy motor that. Great spec too. If I had the cash monies, I'd sack my Focus off for one in a heartbeat.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Awesome car, love the seats.

Still, couldn't be doing with the power/volume knob. Who the f**k invented that, where the logo turns when you change volume, just the outer ring should turn.

Turbos.
Thanks guys. Yes, it's steel grey. I may remap it being a K04d engine, almost rude not to!

On the way home i mastered the steering wheel controls so no knob issues!

It was expensive, yes, but i got a 10% discount. It has every option but Cruise.

kwak ZX9R+golf gttdi
ive had cruise on my last 10 cars and never ever used the bugger so no loss there imo.
she's a beaut mate,we need more pics to dribble over though!