ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another petrol thread

BG 182 FF
I only use Tesco Momentum 99 now after trying everything else. Runs smoother, pulls harder and better mpg than the other super unleaded fuels.

Mk5 golf gti
shell v power is worth the coin

as you get extra mpg and that is a fact

so your not loosing out and it has better cleaning properties apparently

so why not use it?

rb182 cup
just use both...i do. whether you can afford it theses days is the question....petrol has always been a rip off in this country

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
shell v power is worth the coin

as you get extra mpg and that is a fact

so your not loosing out and it has better cleaning properties apparently

so why not use it?

Anyone ever worked out how much extra MPG you'd need to justify the cost?

I personally use v power as it seems to smoothen the drive of the car also the couple of £ extra a tank makes you feel like your treating your car. My first car was a 1.4 16v 100bhp arosa and it had 95 map or 97 map. Now it ran fine on 95 but on 97 and higher it ran so much smoother. You could put it in 5th at 30mph without struggling where as with 95 it couldn't do that. If you can afford to why not?

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I personally use v power as it seems to smoothen the drive of the car also the couple of £ extra a tank makes you feel like your treating your car. My first car was a 1.4 16v 100bhp arosa and it had 95 map or 97 map. Now it ran fine on 95 but on 97 and higher it ran so much smoother. You could put it in 5th at 30mph without struggling where as with 95 it couldn't do that. If you can afford to why not?

Probably two of the worst reasons I've seen to justify using V-Power over regular unleaded.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
i always run mine on tesco super, i get more mpg and the car runs smoother.

Can engines become accustomed to a certain RON. My ph1 seems to run a lot smoother and i think, quicker on normal 95 RON when compared to the 'better' stuff.

I went through a phase of trying each branded higher octane petrol and still preferred the cheaper 95 RON petrol.

Probably two of the worst reasons I've seen to justify using V-Power over regular unleaded.

Well your missing my main point, but why do you have to justify what petrol you put in your car. If you can afford to get a nice meal why not go for it rather than mcdonalds. Why put good oil in rather than the cheapest of the cheap. All the things we do to our cars aren't usually logically justified but that's why we are enthusiasts.

Ph1 172
I use regular 95RON in mine and it runs perfectly fine. IMO super unleaded is a waste of money in something like this, it might run slightly better and you might get a few more miles out of a tank but is it worth the extra 5-8p a litre? unlikely.

bg 182 ff
petrol

i have just taken delivery of a 172 iceberg im am wondering is it benifital to use super unleaded petrol? or does it not make a difference?

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
You've taken the time to search for this and post in it, but not read any of the content?

53 Clio's & counting
IMO I found I got more miles out of a tank of super, than 95 - that was averaged over approx 5000 miles of me trying them.

For the extra £4 a tank, or an extra £2 for half a tank is it really worth not using it?

The cars will run on 95, but recommended to run a 98 minimum - we can live on bread and water but a full English breakfast is better right?

Ibiza FR Edition
Re: petrol

i have just taken delivery of a 172 iceberg im am wondering is it benifital to use super unleaded petrol? or does it not make a difference?
Yes.... it says 98 ron on the fuel cap, use it. I know at shell it is only a few pence more and the MPG difference outweighs the cost.

RB FF 200 CUP
Been running my 200 with 'Momentum 99' for about a month now
Don't know if its a mental thing but the car SEEMS to run better
Smoother/more responsive
The leap-frogging from cold has gone
As ive said may all be 'in the mind'

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
I run mine on V power or equivalent. It doesn't run as well on normal unleaded,especially if its driven really hard. Before I bought the 172 I had a Citroen Xsara for a while. I did a trackday with it and filled up with Sainsburys normal unleaded before I went. The car felt really flat all morning so at lunchtime I went and filled the tank with V power and the difference was very noticeable.

e36 323i
i always use v-power plus you get double reward points on your club card not that i can remember the last time i got anything for my points

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
i always use v-power plus you get double reward points on your club card not that i can remember the last time i got anything for my points

I use mine all the time and get quite a lot of vouchers through the post. £3.50 off if you buy over say 30 litres etc. Its been great so far.