ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another dead 182

BG Clio 182 FF
Morning all,
Well, the 182 got vandalised on my birthday (nice that :up:). Insurance have written it off.
WP_20151109_13_42_17_Pro_zps3ldwh0dy.jpg

WP_20151109_13_41_55_Pro_zpsshsxcv0y.jpg

WP_20151109_13_42_36_Pro_zpskik3ynre.jpg

WP_20151109_13_42_09_Pro_zpspkrnnuxh.jpg

WP_20151109_13_42_02_Pro_zpswwajovht.jpg

WP_20151109_13_42_22_Pro_zpstlalylaf.jpg

Both wing mirrors have been ripped off, roof caved in and it needs a lot of glass.
I have the option to buy it back from the scrappy once it clears insurance. Spent a tidy sum on it and has had both belts and dephaser done recently.
Question I have is should I bother?
Roof I can probably kick back out from inside. Wing mirrors shouldn't be a problem.
Glass is my biggest concern - anyone know how much a windscreen, rear hatch and rear three quarter window will set me back? And is it a big job to swap glass out?
Any feedback appreciated.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
We had the local new build estate done recently - cars, doors, walls, windows... even the alarm boxes at the ridge were done and they properly went to town. Anarchy in the UK and all the b****cks it seems as if the thin Police numbers don't have enough crap to deal with - If they're unfortunate enough to get caught be me tagging my cars or property, i'll not hesitate to smash them in the balls a few times before painting their faces Smurf blue. I'll go Sangara on dem badmanz eh @Typhoon!

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
We had the local new build estate done recently - cars, doors, walls, windows... even the alarm boxes at the ridge were done and they properly went to town. Anarchy in the UK and all the b****cks it seems as if the thin Police numbers don't have enough crap to deal with - If they're unfortunate enough to get caught be me tagging my cars or property, i'll not hesitate to smash them in the balls a few times before painting their faces Smurf blue. I'll go Sangara on dem badmanz eh @Typhoon!
Leave your wifes phone indoors while you're doing it though, yeah? ;)

182 Inferno
How's the spoiler, bonnet and boot lid looking?
I'm after them if you do buy it back and break it!
(Aside the glass. I buy own glass..)

BG Clio 182 FF
Nice little police man came out.
"Nah, won't bother sending SOC. They won't get anything because it's been raining"
Gave me a crime reference number and not heard anything from the police ever since.
I'm the one that's had to go round gathering CCTV and speaking to the neighbours.

BG Clio 182 FF
How's the spoiler, bonnet and boot lid looking?
I'm after them if you do buy it back and break it!
(Aside the glass. I buy own glass..)
Honestly, spoiler is fine but boot lid had a little crease in it by the number plate mounting point (happened before it got smashed up). Bonnet I need to check as someone has obviously climbed up it.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Nice little police man came out.
"Nah, won't bother sending SOC. They won't get anything because it's been raining"
Gave me a crime reference number and not heard anything from the police ever since.
I'm the one that's had to go round gathering CCTV and speaking to the neighbours.

That's about all they want to do these days. Get you the crime number and wash their hands of it because WW3 is about to erupt on home soil courtesy of the Sun readers.

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
Its ridiculous, and hasnt got any better by the sounds of it! I had my EP3 done a few years back - they stole the parcel shelf and smashed window and boot panel in doing so - I had a name, car, registration (I chased them off), and the police said they wouldnt persue it any further due to lack of evidence.

I would personally leave it or buy to break - from experience they never feel the same after something like that.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
That's about all they want to do these days. Get you the crime number and wash their hands of it because WW3 is about to erupt on home soil courtesy of the Sun readers.

It's a sad state of affairs. 52% of all crimes reported in my county are instantly washed out (not investigated).

Focus RS + S3
id definatley look into buying it back to break, i bought my 1.2 back for less than £50 after someone crashed into it when it was parked

its was something like 6% of the value if declared as cat C and 8% if it was D with my insurance

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Massive pain in the arse.

At least get a figure of how much to buy it back.

My bet is it would be sub £500. Which is a bargain.

I bought my Trophy back for £400ish. Near enough made it back through the dampers, but it was a massive hassle breaking it/selling the parts. If you have the time, you'd get a fair bit back in parts!

182 Inferno
Honestly, spoiler is fine but boot lid had a little crease in it by the number plate mounting point (happened before it got smashed up). Bonnet I need to check as someone has obviously climbed up it.
Ahh, my boot lid is the same!
BG innit? drop me a pm if you sell?

182 Inferno
You'd get enough to buy another 182 just from the gear box and exhaust! Buy it back! Sell parts to me! :D

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I'd personally buy it back and keep as a parts donor.

OP that's a shitter. I've a spare shell here in Iceberg silver.
I've no need for the mirrors or the rear windows....you're welcome to them if you decide to buy it back. :up:

BMW 320d SE
Buy it back! I did last month for £225. Even if you don't break it or get it on the road again you could eBay it as it is and still turn a profit.

PH2 RS172
dude sorry to hear that. that said, if i knew whod done that to my car id be floating in a 5hitstorm of crap at full speed headed in their direction. women problems maybe but theres nothing to say it wont happen again to your next motor because of the same ****! let them know what comes around goes around....

RB182cup&golf gti
Thought it was a jealous wolves fan until I read the thread. Pretty low to smash a car up regardless of the circumstances, but that's the lovely society we live in.

Sell me your 197
Unless OP comes clean with what the issue was that led to this, it's not completely beyond the realms of possibility that maybe, just maybe, he did have it coming.
Unlikely, yet plausible

So, where were you a couple night back mate?

This kind of s**t always happens because some tart runs her mouth to some dude who wants to bang her.

Do you know who did it? Slide a frozen tray of piss under their front door so they wake up to a piss stain in the morning and wonder who the f**k came into their house and pissed in their front foyer.

Tbh I'd fix it. Gives a big middle finger up to whoever did it. Will pov spec glass fit?

Suzuki Jimny
That's terrible, sorry to see.

I really don't understand why people do this, it's so cowardly to not speak to your face and just ruin your car.