ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AMG Cherry Breaking - A45 content

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
About 100 a week for commute so not huge amounts. But yes, there's some dual carriage way and lengthy b road so the right foots never far from the floor at the moment as still playing with manual! Do have another means of transport so may give it a rest occasionally, although I don't want to fall into the same habits I did with the Evo, and never drive it.
At least you can drive this one in the rain

Evo 5 RS
Back to reality where I don't wrap the car in Rover Tahiti Blue, the car is booked in on Tuesday for 80% correction and ceramic coating.

Evo 5 RS
lol

Is the aero kit going on at the same time or are you still a big girls blouse?

If I was going to waste more money I'd get the 19" wheels over the silly hat.

The more I look at it, the more I don't like it. It's too retrofit. It's an afterthought. It's all about the lines lol.

33576301.jpg

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
lol

If I was going to waste more money I'd get the 19" wheels over the silly hat.

The more I look at it, the more I don't like it. It's too retrofit. It's an afterthought. It's all about the lines lol.

View attachment 1415580
This reminds me of NFS/GT/Forza racing games where you have a screen of different colour matching oem+ spoilers for your car and at the end there is always the wacky carbon fibre spoiler ?

Evo 5 RS
Had a B road tug with a neighbours Mk7.5 GTI. Up my chuff having overtaken the car behind me on the way home, until he wasn't. Will have to thank him for the benchmark this morning. The grip in this car is pretty immense, it's just the not so fantastic feel for the tarmac that makes you a little uneasy.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Had a B road tug with a neighbours Mk7.5 GTI. Up my chuff having overtaken the car behind me on the way home, until he wasn't. Will have to thank him for the benchmark this morning. The grip in this car is pretty immense, it's just the not so fantastic feel for the tarmac that makes you a little uneasy.

How much did you pull on him then and over what speed out of interest?

Evo 5 RS
He said he backed off because his window was open so that threw my benchmark out the window lol.

I think I left him. Whilst in comfort mode :D.

How much did you pull on him then and over what speed out of interest?

God knows, wasn't really paying too much attention. Between 40 and 120 leptons and around 6 car lengths

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
He said he backed off because his window was open so that threw my benchmark out the window lol.

I think I left him. Whilst in comfort mode :D.

God knows, wasn't really paying too much attention. Between 40 and 120 leptons and around 6 car lengths

That's the thing with GTI golfs tbf an open window loses you 50 bhp and the switch can not be operated once you have engaged pursuit mode?

Evo 5 RS
lol I didn't actually mention the encounter, either. He brought that up himself. I think he knew he got dusted...

It's ok to be humble, there's always a faster car.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I don't like them without the aerokit, just looks like so dull

I do like them in general though, good buy

Have to agree there. Buy any of the A-series options if you want understated. Go full, genuine AMG spec - and I think it needs its trinkets.

Either that, or I'd be de-badging it completely if it was mine.

Would you have had your Evo with no aero bits on it? ;)

Evo 5 RS
That’s a proper spoiler. The A45 is not an Evo, nor will it ever be lol.

Worth also pointing out the car is very well spec'ed, just doesn't have the bigger feet and aero. Saw a black one recently that had the aero but not the performance exhaust...why?

Last edited:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
That’s a proper spoiler. The A45 is not an Evo, nor will it ever be lol.

Worth also pointing out the car is very well spec'ed, just doesn't have the bigger feet and aero. Saw a black one recently that had the aero but not the performance exhaust...why?

Maybe not in saloon form as such. But a 4x4 drivetrain, force-fed 2.0litre lump, great performance.... I'd actually partner it more to the Evo than anything like the brand stablemates C63/E63. But you're right - the Evos always need a proper spoiler!

Subtle changes in appearance (assuming this is the current model) - but I think together, it all works.

Evo 5 RS
Maybe not in saloon form as such. But a 4x4 drivetrain, force-fed 2.0litre lump, great performance.... I'd actually partner it more to the Evo than anything like the brand stablemates C63/E63. But you're right - the Evos always need a proper spoiler!

Subtle changes in appearance (assuming this is the current model) - but I think together, it all works.

View attachment 1416764

Don't like it, or those wheels.

I do like the 19 inch wheels, though. I'd have them in silver if I could find them cheap enough. The wing legitimately looks like the Turn 10 Forza mods you slap on just because they're the only option available for that car lol.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
^
Trouble is unless you get fake's they'd be silly money plus I'm not sure genuine staggered ones would fit yours? I'd keep your wheels over fakes. I think the ones on there look well.

Evo 5 RS
Yeah that's kind of my thinking, too. I don't want reps - it'll bug me forever. They do those wheels in 19 fitment from the factory, just rarely see them in silver on the A45. Just black, or black...or black with a silly outer rim colour.

They're £3,500 from MB lol.

Evo 5 RS
Would struggle to recommend BTD who did the detail. A lot of plastics left untreated, and didn’t do any of the interior. Also under the door handles hasn’t been polished, either. Car does look good, but it’s a 3 year old MB, not exactly difficult. 80% of the roof is glass...

If you want something doing properly...

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah that's kind of my thinking, too. I don't want reps - it'll bug me forever. They do those wheels in 19 fitment from the factory, just rarely see them in silver on the A45. Just black, or black...or black with a silly outer rim colour.

They're £3,500 from MB lol.

Jesus. If they stayed on the car for a week, I'd be surprised. Even if they couldn't fit a regular badmanz Merc - they would still be stolen for want of trying.