ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AMG Cherry Breaking - A45 content

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Sun Yellow is lovely in the flesh. Proper nice colour.

...I’m well jealous, defo want a passenger ride in it!

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
I would never buy one of these ever again. Namely the box, it's awful. New ones are meant to be devastatingly fast, though. But as the face lift A45 taught me, that doesn't mean much sometimes.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
What issues you had then?

Clunking into reverse occasionally, fairly common recall. Still not fixed entirely in that model. The box is hesitant sometimes, even after clearing the learning algorithms. Boring as hell to drive. You need to be absolutely flat out to get any kind of entertainment out of it. Although with ESP off, it can be quite fun if you're an absolute hooligan. It likes to let go.

To be honest, I loved it on the longer drives. It's just a bit sloppy around the edges. Cabin is really nice.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Clunking into reverse occasionally, fairly common recall. Still not fixed entirely in that model. The box is hesitant sometimes, even after clearing the learning algorithms. Boring as hell to drive. You need to be absolutely flat out to get any kind of entertainment out of it. Although with ESP off, it can be quite fun if you're an absolute hooligan. It likes to let go.

To be honest, I loved it on the longer drives. It's just a bit sloppy around the edges. Cabin is really nice.

What age was yours?

s**t the bed the thing went like s**t off a stick from standstill.. i can’t believe it’s only fun when it’s flat out

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Similar to my thoughts on the Golf R. Once you are used to the straight line/accelerative ability (which happens pretty quickly in my experience), it's not actually that exciting.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172

Not a keeper then?
Always seem massively overpriced to me.
What's next then?

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
I guess it’s like anything... I have a range rover, they break down all the time apparently, yet I’ve done 45k over 3 years and it’s not put a foot wrong

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
I guess it’s like anything... I have a range rover, they break down all the time apparently, yet I’ve done 45k over 3 years and it’s not put a foot wrong

Not really. These don't break down, doesn't mean they're not kek. If you enjoy driving a really fast boring bubble that has absolutely no soul and a terrible transmission, then go for it.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Oh. Sorry, not trying to poo on your parade. It just bored the crap out of me.

No I know you weren't (unlike some, with no f**king manners and just have to s**t on people constantly) there are always going to be people who have had issues, its good to hear feedback, good or bad

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
To be fair, the A35 is a lot more sedate than the A45.

...still rapid though. And the new interior absolutely destroys the previous.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
I had a test in an A45 when my Golf R went back last year, I really wanted to like the car as it looked smart but I just didn't click with it :(

I know it's not a big car, but it felt very small and cramped inside, and whilst it was obviously quick it just didn't feel it, and the gearbox wasn't as responsive as the Golf (felt downright dangerous pulling away from round abouts in anythign other than sport/sport+).

In the end I went for an RS3, does what I need it to do but as good as it is I probably should've just kept the Golf ;)

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Sounds like you need a old man's AMG next

EFA. I wouldn't have a 63, either. I don't want a Merc again. They make me feel dead inside.

I had a test in an A45 when my Golf R went back last year, I really wanted to like the car as it looked smart but I just didn't click with it :(

I know it's not a big car, but it felt very small and cramped inside, and whilst it was obviously quick it just didn't feel it, and the gearbox wasn't as responsive as the Golf (felt downright dangerous pulling away from round abouts in anythign other than sport/sport+).

In the end I went for an RS3, does what I need it to do but as good as it is I probably should've just kept the Golf ;)

Although the cabin fully spec'd in the A45 is really, really nice, the visibility is absolutely f**king s**t, too. It's just not a well rounded car at all.

Nice. So going back to an Evo then?

I'd have a Evo FQ360, when the time comes.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
EFA. I wouldn't have a 63, either. I don't want a Merc again. They make me feel dead inside.

Although the cabin fully spec'd in the A45 is really, really nice, the visibility is absolutely f**king s**t, too. It's just not a well rounded car at all.

I'd have a Evo FQ360, when the time comes.
I know what you mean re: visibility. It’s the pillars, and the dark roof lining doesn’t help matters. New one is much, much better - I should get to try out the new A45S soon, that’ll be a massive step up in cabin quality etc.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Must be honest never been in a merc showroom in my life nothing they have ever makes me want too🤣

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Before looking at the A45 then getting the RS3 I almost bought a C63 (2 year old one from a non merc dealer).

They didn’t take my offer on it as they’d only had it a week and thought they’d get more for it.

Took them 4 months to shift it and dropped the price to well below my offer :p

Frustrating thing was I was days away from buying it again, I was waiting for next payday and had said to myself if it was still there I’d have it, and it finally sold a few days before.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Mines still for sale. They have 3 in at the moment, can't shift them seemingly. They're weapons, so I really don't know how it went so wrong.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
So yesterday was collection day, god damn I’m so in love with this car

037D1509-4471-44AA-AA6E-BAD822CC9AA4.jpeg

44F60A1C-43EF-4A0D-9E3F-6349450B04EB.jpeg

8A81FD96-2366-46C0-BFB4-2692B32BC673.jpeg