ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alternatives to PS3

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Just a little update for those who might be interested. I had 2 Avon ZV7's fitted yesterday . The Rainsports were loosing traction when setting off , 6000 miles in and down to about 2mm tread ?My very early impressions of the Avons after 110 miles in wet , rainy weather is they're very good . I haven't hammered it , sensible driving , motorway speeds. The front end actually feels alot more planted, especially when turning . Gone has that squidgy feel of the Rainsports which I'd got used to over the past few years . So yeah . I'm more than happy with the Avons. I'll be even happier if I can see 10,000 miles out of a set of tyres. Time will tell .

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
My front`s are down to 6.5mm after 8,000 miles.

They grip better is you run 30psi front, 27 rear.
I've never had a tyre ever do that sort of mileage lol . The steering feels more direct now with the Avons. They're on 32psi at the minute on the fronts , I'll drop it down later and try 30 . I wouldn't have bought them if I hadn't seen you and @imprezaworks sing their praises . Cheers for that ?

BMW 320d SE
Just a little update for those who might be interested. I had 2 Avon ZV7's fitted yesterday . The Rainsports were loosing traction when setting off , 6000 miles in and down to about 2mm tread [emoji50]My very early impressions of the Avons after 110 miles in wet , rainy weather is they're very good . I haven't hammered it , sensible driving , motorway speeds. The front end actually feels alot more planted, especially when turning . Gone has that squidgy feel of the Rainsports which I'd got used to over the past few years . So yeah . I'm more than happy with the Avons. I'll be even happier if I can see 10,000 miles out of a set of tyres. Time will tell .

Did you go for the extra load tyres, or the standard ones in the end?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PH2 172
I've never had a tyre ever do that sort of mileage lol . The steering feels more direct now with the Avons. They're on 32psi at the minute on the fronts , I'll drop it down later and try 30 . I wouldn't have bought them if I hadn't seen you and @imprezaworks sing their praises . Cheers for that ?

Better at 30?

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
I run the same pressures, Fine for road use.

I use 15" ps3 on my dci..they really shine in the s**t conditions, grip feels great. The mrs meg250 has Ps4s on and they are seriously confidence inspiring in the wet. I dont think i would use another brand of tyre for all weather road use tbh.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Better at 30?
I ran 32 on the fronts in very wet conditions for the first few days and was impressed. I dropped down to 30 yesterday and only done about 10 miles but in dry weather, feels like there is plenty of grip. I'm definitely happy I opted for the Avons after years of using the Rainsports.

PH2 172
I ran 32 on the fronts in very wet conditions for the first few days and was impressed. I dropped down to 30 yesterday and only done about 10 miles but in dry weather, feels like there is plenty of grip. I'm definitely happy I opted for the Avons after years of using the Rainsports.

My suggestion is based on personal experience only.

I did have some initial reservations with AV7`sregarding some interesting torque steer characteristics when damp, accelerating hard in 1st & 2nd gear,

particularly on roundabouts or curves, but in the last few weeks, these traits have happily disappeared.

Given that there is now some wear, I put this down to a reduction in tread block movement.

However, I did a tyre pressure correction on Sunday 17th back to standard settings , as all the tyre`s where a bit low at the pressures I have suggested due to

ambient temperature`s having dropped sharply, so I inflated to standard 32/30 recommendations.

The interesting characteristics instantly reappeared.

Dropped them back to 30/27, sorted.

I`m running 195/50r 15 if that is a factor.

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
I’m looking for the PS4’s for my 172 cup just need to find somewhere that’s doing deals on them lol

Clio 172 cup
My suggestion is based on personal experience only.

I did have some initial reservations with AV7`sregarding some interesting torque steer characteristics when damp, accelerating hard in 1st & 2nd gear,

particularly on roundabouts or curves, but in the last few weeks, these traits have happily disappeared.

Given that there is now some wear, I put this down to a reduction in tread block movement.

However, I did a tyre pressure correction on Sunday 17th back to standard settings , as all the tyre`s where a bit low at the pressures I have suggested due to

ambient temperature`s having dropped sharply, so I inflated to standard 32/30 recommendations.

The interesting characteristics instantly reappeared.

Dropped them back to 30/27, sorted.

I`m running 195/50r 15 if that is a factor.
Tried my ado8rs at that pressure cold on the road didn’t seem very good back to 31 all round cold seems ok but need to experiment I think I’m on the same size as you Steve

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Yep, crazy loud!
I don't cain it about so I can't really say. I do know that I'd not get them again.

What sort of noise did you experience out of interest?

I have a constant whiring sound in mine. Which is present even when coasting and I’m wondering if it’s the tyres before I start swapping out wheel bearings