ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alignment settings for track! Any help please

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
You know There is always more that you come across though mate my target is December. Although its a track car I like to do it nicely so it's done properly rather than throwing it together

Yeah I know that target dates slip, but if you aim for one in august, then even if you miss it you should be well on your way for december!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yes mate, get on with it :)

Ive got a car im intending to use there that is far further from ready than yours, if I fail at least I'll have moved it forwards a lot trying.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Is this the Honda powered mk1 your referring to chip or the latest RB addition?

Williams powered mk1 mate, due to the house move Ive decided not to do the honda swap till next year as I need to get a ramp in and get my stuff up from somerset where a lot of it still is.

Clio 172
Well I got home at 5,45 and I've pulled the arms off elongated the holes and bolted them back on and my car now looks errmmmm broken. Which is good :) cheers for the help again mate

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Well I got home at 5,45 and I've pulled the arms off elongated the holes and bolted them back on and my car now looks errmmmm broken. Which is good :) cheers for the help again mate

I hope you've used some schnorr washers to stop any movement mate. You'd be surprised how much it will move even if done FT.

Clio 172
I bolted it in place and then welded the ball joint to the arm. If the ball joint goes il just cut it off and do the same.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Crikey, thats commitment, especially before you get your castor checked to make sure its the same both sides, lol.

Clio 172
Both the holes were the same length in the arm according to my vernier gauge so I bolted them and welded them. That'll do lol il let you know how far each side is out when I get my readings later :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
They normally arent quite equal as standard, so its not that I think you will have made it worse, merely missed a chance to correct it.

Good luck anyway mate :)

Lancia Integrale
just about to stick the dunlops gauges on mine- I'm at Bedford on Monday ;) so people recommend a little toe out then? I'm running a 172 cup with standard suspension but with 15's and ado48's.