ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

aggressor front bumper

Status
Not open for further replies.
  mk1 phase 1 clio RL prima
thats a good thing as its going to look pretty awful tbh.

jesus man! have you's not heard of the old saying "if u don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything"?! just because it's not a valver or williams bumper, that makes it s**t? :S

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Not it's just being an old Clio that makes it s**t.

Not it's just being an old Clio that makes it s**t.

its still a clio and this is cliosport after all. personally i think the new clio's look s**t. i prefer older cars like the 911, beetle, mini, golf gti, xr2, cossies. u get the picture.

Homo spec mazda
Its not that its an old clio that makes it look s**t, f0xys car looks awesome, its the fact that the bumper is hillariously horrible. like if i had to look at that everyday id have no choice but to slit my wrists.

jesus man! have you's not heard of the old saying "if u don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything"?! just because it's not a valver or williams bumper, that makes it s**t? :S

I am entitled to my own opinion, which seems to be the majorty opinion of this thread.

you put up a thread saying i got this bumper for £48 quid on ebay, honestly what did you hope the responses would be? or even hope?

I had something nice to say as i posted up the astra and said what i would do.

thankyou goodnight
terry tibbs

G51 BEN
I sometimes wonder whether im seeing the same thing as everyone else.....

If something looks so bad (FACT) how can the OP think that it looks good?
Theres taste, and then theres plain obvious idiocy...

Are you the kind of guy who looks at the girl in the trackies pushing the pram with hair pulled RIGHHHTTT back into a pony tail and huge hoop earrings thinking "PHWOAR id tap that"

I am entitled to my own opinion, which seems to be the majorty opinion of this thread.

you put up a thread saying i got this bumper for £48 quid on ebay, honestly what did you hope the responses would be? or even hope?

I had something nice to say as i posted up the astra and said what i would do.

thankyou goodnight
terry tibbs

haha i don't know, just thought there would be more people on here that would be into the jap style kits

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
its still a clio and this is cliosport after all. personally i think the new clio's look s**t. i prefer older cars like the 911, beetle, mini, golf gti, xr2, cossies. u get the picture.
It's funny you mention those older cars.

Any one of them would have been a better platform for a project.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
OMFG, it's not jap style, it is chavvy b****cks, no one with half a brain cell would think that looks good, no matter what you do to it. I'm all for trying something new or different, but that is neither, it is cheap tacky rubbish and will look shite, no matter what else you do to it.

Aaahh, that's better.

/thread

It's funny you mention those older cars.

Any one of them would have been a better platform for a project.

theres one problem mate, they were all out of my budget and i needed a car there and then. my clio is solid, got no mechanical problems and it only cost £250. i'm doing it up, selling it then getting a new car. either a mk2 golf or a r5 gt turbo

CLIO PH1 172
please dont put that bumper on a mk1 RL ffs, just slam it and put a nice set of wheels on it and put your £48 towords upgrades ready to put a valver engine in it or a 2.0l

OMFG, it's not jap style, it is chavvy b****cks, no one with half a brain cell would think that looks good, no matter what you do to it. I'm all for trying something new or different, but that is neither, it is cheap tacky rubbish and will look s**te, no matter what else you do to it.

Aaahh, that's better.

/thread

it is jap style! those bumpers first came out in japan on the street racing scene, they had them on civic's and eclipses

haha i don't know, just thought there would be more people on here that would be into the jap style kits

This isn't a dig, but do you use many forums? As the whole big kits scene died many years ago and this is reflected in every forum I use. Even if you look in the magazines like often mocked max power, you'l see that big kits just arn't "in" anymore.

please dont put that bumper on a mk1 RL ffs, just slam it and put a nice set of wheels on it and put your £48 towords upgrades ready to put a valver engine in it or a 2.0l

the engine is solid in it mate, not doing an engine transplant until that engine is unuseable. i don't like slammed cars, they are a horrible ride, knock your fillings out. its getting a strut brace, induction kit and maybe some ph1 alloys next

CLIO PH1 172
theres one problem mate, they were all out of my budget and i needed a car there and then. my clio is solid, got no mechanical problems and it only cost £250. i'm doing it up, selling it then getting a new car. either a mk2 golf or a r5 gt turbo

so if your 'doing it up to sell' why waste money on shite like this bumper that will cost more to fix on, spray, ect and will devalue the car even more ???????

This isn't a dig, but do you use many forums? As the whole big kits scene died many years ago and this is reflected in every forum I use. Even if you look in the magazines like often mocked max power, you'l see that big kits just arn't "in" anymore.

no offence taken bud, i don't follow trends, if i like it i do it. lifes too short to worry about whats cool or not.plus, the "out of fashion" kits are getting dirt cheap

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
The reason that aftermarket body kits look s**t.

1, they are generally designed so they can be adapted to fit multiple cars, so they never fit the original likes of the car.

2, they are designed by fools who have no idea on how to design cars or even understand what makes a car pretty.

They look terrible, the only time any after market kits look decent is when its a one of done by someone who knows what they are doing.

That bumper on MK1 clio looks Horrific.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Serious piece of advice. If your purpose is to sell it on, do you think it will be easier to sell a chavved up Halfords special looking old Clio, or a Valver/Williams replica, or even not a replica, just the wheels, colour coded, lowered etc?

so if your 'doing it up to sell' why waste money on s**te like this bumper that will cost more to fix on, spray, ect and will devalue the car even more ???????

because there are alot of boy racers round here that love those kind of bumpers, going to sell it to one of them

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Mate its your car, enjoy it and do with it what you like. I wouldn't choose that bumper, but if you like it then fair enough. Ignore what the others say and in the future just be a bit more careful what you post, as unless it is the same as what everyone else has done to their cars you will get s**t for it!

CLIO PH1 172
keep us posted with how much you spend on the car and how much you get for it ! it could be an interesting project :dead:

Serious piece of advice. If your purpose is to sell it on, do you think it will be easier to sell a chavved up Halfords special looking old Clio, or a Valver/Williams replica, or even not a replica, just the wheels, colour coded, lowered etc?

i'm not doing a replica, the williams bonnet is half what the car is worth! then you've got to buy the wings, the wheels. just costs far too much to do a replica

Mate its your car, enjoy it and do with it what you like. I wouldn't choose that bumper, but if you like it then fair enough. Ignore what the others say and in the future just be a bit more careful what you post, as unless it is the same as what everyone else has done to their cars you will get s**t for it!

you've hit the nail on the head there like mate!

Listerine & Poledo

Jap-style kits look great....

...on jap cars.

But even then, a lot of kits are dubious.

I'm not a big fan on "modding" anyway, seeing as unless there's LOTS of money poured into it (Like a RUF or similar) all that happens is the car becomes hideous and unsellable.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
53861468xsuspectedtrace.jpg

Listerine & Poledo
i'm not doing a replica, the williams bonnet is half what the car is worth! then you've got to buy the wings, the wheels. just costs far too much to do a replica

replicas appear to be an even bigger waste of time and effort than "personalised" mods.

I know, I'll buy a 1.2 shopping trolley for a pittende, then pour money all over it to make it look almost like an RS. Which is all fine until you start thinking that you ARE driving something with poke and end up embarassing yourself.

Admittedly, the vast majority of "shopping edition" cars do look poor, but you get what you pay for

replicas appear to be an even bigger waste of time and effort than "personalised" mods.

I know, I'll buy a 1.2 shopping trolley for a pittende, then pour money all over it to make it look almost like an RS. Which is all fine until you start thinking that you ARE driving something with poke and end up embarassing yourself.

Admittedly, the vast majority of "shopping edition" cars do look poor, but you get what you pay for

yea i agree with you on that one. i bought an rs turbo replica, looked the part, couldn't tell the difference until you popped the bonnet and saw the 1.3 engine that didn't even fill the engine bay! haha i was forever getting people trying to race me thinking it was a real rs turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.