ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice on potential sale

172/vx220t/m135i
Possible selling the flamer next year to make way for some sort of boring saloon but am after some thoughts on the following options when coming to sell. Now i have owned the car coming upto 3 years now and would describe the condition as very good, especially for a 51reg 92k mile car, however to make it absolutely mint it would need the following issues addressing ; alloys all round have kerbing and would benefit from a refurb, there is a 5" hairline crack on the corner of the rear bumper, a ding on passenger door the size of a 5p and the same on the bonnet, the front headlights have that common haze look to them which i no is a cheap fix if i spend a couple of hours sanding/ polishing. The question is whether it's worth throwing more money into the car and get these jobs done and possibly get a quicker sale/ better price or is the general consenus that these kind of flaws are expected on a car of this age and sell it as it is? Mechanically i have kept ontop of any issues and belts/ dephaser etc have been done within the last year so it literally is a case of tidying the body work bits to make it mint. I no these cars are not really worth much these days so just not sure whether it's worth throwing more £'s at it if it will only fetch a couple of hundred quid extra. Thoughts please.

'12 Clio 1.2 TomTom
I would have a look at similar on the market. Bonnet and door dings I would declare to buyer, but not alter. Maybe look at getting the crack fixed, but then again is it really worth it for the price it would cost? Headlight job is easy and cheap and will make the car look ten times better.

To be honest I would spend my time doing the headlights and making sure the paintwork is looking good, and glossy etc.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
As above, don't waste your money.

Sort the headlights, spend a weekend giving it a proper good clean and sell it as it is. Make good what's there, don't waste money.