ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice needed about brakes

Nissan 350Z
OK, i'm pretty sure i need new brake pads.

I'm also pretty sure i want to upgrade them to Ferrodo's for increased braking power. I will also change the hoses to braided ones for better performance too.

One question though, do i need to change the fluid with all this, or will the existing stuff do?

How long do Ferrodo DS2500's last typically?

Nissan 350Z
Oh and another thing, are DS2500's worth the extra over say Green stuff pads? I notice on yozzasport the DS's are twice the price.

Edit: OK forget that question, i've just searched - i think i'll still go with the DS2500s.

Last edited:
  Lionel Richie
it entirley depends on what you use the car for, i won't try and sell you DS2500's if the car is ONLY used on road, no point unless you really want them

Road car - Greenstuff
Road car + a few track days - DS2500's

CS Dungeon
Monster 4's mate, there defo the dp2002 greenstuff and dp3002c redstuff - Fit Aston Martin, Noble, TVR etc

CS Dungeon
Thats the ones Fred.

I bought some Volvo S60 pads from GSf as the dimensions are exactly the same and they look very similar but they didnt fit :(

Lionel Richie
just done some brief checking, i'm 99% certain we can beat that price, who's that price from??? Hispec are more than that

Nissan 350Z
Hi Fred... it was your site i was looking at.

Well if the green stuff ones will be sufficient i may as well just go with those. I never track the car anyway. I take it that the green stuff ones are a good improvement on OEM?

Will I need new brake fluid, is that recommended or shall i just stick with whats already in there? I will be after the hoses too (because why not eh).... how much postage would we be looking at for that little lot?

RenaultSport clio 182
can anyone tell me if changing the pads, discs, lines and fluid will be a bit of a mission to a novice?

I am technically minded and have a good selection of tools...

Has anyone got any instructions or advice?

L.

lukey182 said:
can anyone tell me if changing the pads, discs, lines and fluid will be a bit of a mission to a novice?

L.
Its not to difficult to do there a guide on the guides forum how to do pads and disks I think (It shows how to do pads I'm sure and disk are only 2 more bolts). Lines are a bit more work but either get someone to show you or get a Haynes manual although to be fair the Haynes isn't very good at explaining how to do it.

RenaultSport clio 182
anyone know if insurance should be told about brakes being changed?

hope not cos they will just want more money!

lukey182 said:
anyone know if insurance should be told about brakes being changed?

hope not cos they will just want more money!
Chnaging for 4 pots then yep. Chnaging to different pads is a difficult one there replacment so maybe not but pads such as DS2500's do say for race use only so infact road use would render them illegal possibly but who'd strip a car down that much to see the brakes you wouldn't see the backing plate most lily.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
lukey182 said:

L.

A good guide here for changing your pads here , off one of the lads on GTI-6 website .

http://www.zedsplace.co.uk/e107_plugins/content/content.php?content.10

Like edde says . Get a haynes manual to show you how to change the discs .

There a guide on the guides part of the forum showing how to change 172/182 pads and disks (I think its shows disks anyway).