ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Addicted to Clio 1*2's

MattRS182

ClioSport Club Member
  #3 PH2 172 Flamer
Iv had some relly nice cars, RS's ST's FR's Sri's but i always love my 1*2's haha and am constantly on the forum looking at them

Think im going to purchase another one, alongside of the van haha!

Countryman JCW
They do get under your skin. I've had 10 now. I flirt with other cars, then end up back in a 1*2, just as IMO, you can't have as much fun per £ than in one.

Cant say fairer than that Dan, exactly what I've said since first owning one! Bang for buck you can't beat them!... I've had 4 now having just got rid of one and already wanting another!

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
I keep thinking of selling mine, have been for many years, but then I just can't do it. Many who do sell then seem to want to buy one again.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
At work I've had so many I can't remember. Personally though, I've had about 30 of them. I had 9 last year FFS! Lol.

I think this phase 1 is my last one though. They're too old now and finding ones that have been looked after properly is impossible.

Nimbus Clio 197
I'm on my second, the first being a 172 Cup. Had a fair few cars in between like an EP3 Type-R, Mondeo ST220 but always fancied another RS Clio so got my lovely RB! I'll be selling soon though to move onto a Megane 225.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
They're too old now and finding ones that have been looked after properly is impossible.

Agreed, I think the best bet is what I done with my Flame Red 172, buy a shed as long as its straight and spend a chunk on it rather than stressing and paying over the odds for what you think may be a minter

I'm on my 3rd, with a variety of cars in between. Loving my FF182, apart from the fact that some c##t opened their door into it yesterday and left a whacking great crease down it! Wish I could've caught em!!!! :cry:

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
I've wanted another for years but prices out here are ridiculous! Your looking at least twice the price. I've found a UK 172 out here for sale quite local to me so I'm tempted to go and take a look as a second car! I've come back to search the forum to refresh my memory and flick through the buyers guide, it's been almost 5 years since I sold my 182!

Cup In bits
I've wanted another for years but prices out here are ridiculous! Your looking at least twice the price. I've found a UK 172 out here for sale quite local to me so I'm tempted to go and take a look as a second car! I've come back to search the forum to refresh my memory and flick through the buyers guide, it's been almost 5 years since I sold my 182!

Cant you just come across and then drive one home, drive it for 6 months to see if its a lemon and then register if its a good one? The registration/taxes isn't too bad in France iirc?

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Yeah I could do that, I live in the south though so it's a fair drive, especially if the you've just bought a car and it turns out to be a dud.

I think when the car is over 10 years old the registration is pretty cheap. The car I'm looking at is still on uk plates but has a CoC. I wouldn't bother putting it on French plates to be honest, the company I use to insure my Golf don't care that it's on uk plates