ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adam's budget racing thread

WRX
It appears that I've been accepted to appear in the Coventry Motofest next weekend so looking forward to that. On both Saturday and Sunday for anybody Midlands based not bothering with FCS.

Sonic Boom

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Sport Ph1
It appears that I've been accepted to appear in the Coventry Motofest next weekend so looking forward to that. On both Saturday and Sunday for anybody Midlands based not bothering with FCS.

Or not at Shelsley Walsh either :wink:

Rich

Sonic Boom

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Sport Ph1
Our work overtime has been slashed, which was paying for my racing mate so had to cut back a bit. Motofest is free so couldn't refuse. Prescott entry has been sent though.

I thought you'd be back at Prescott after your previous result mate :stig:

Rich

WRX
Looks like the CTCRC Pre 05 races at Donington on the 18/19th of June will share the grid with the Blue Ovals. Nice mixed bag of classes but some powerful Fords, that will walk away at the front.

WRX
Car's home, feels good with new engine and other bits fitted by Dan at SJM. Great job as expected. Was an interesting drive home on Direzzas in the pouring rain. Corner weighting and stickers to do tomorrow, another late night ahead.

Sonic Boom

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Sport Ph1
What you had done to the engine mate?
I'm worried enough about the 14 car entry at Prescott as it is wiithout you turning up with another 30bhp lol

Rich

WRX
What you had done to the engine mate?
I'm worried enough about the 14 car entry at Prescott as it is wiithout you turning up with another 30bhp lol

Rich
Other car mate, at Donny for the weekend. Don't panic the Cup's just having a few bits done too lol.

WRX
Today's race was the best I've ever done, even though I didn't quite win. Not happy with the lap times though, no quicker than in Tricolore on standard suspension. The car pulls really nicely. Going to give the Direzzas a try on a track day, to eliminate the 888s but I think the AVOs are the problem. They would be great for an occassional trackday but the fronts just don't seem up to racing. After buying them, I discovered that they only do the one type and they are also for rallying. Dan said when fitting them that the dampers were pretty long. Think they'll be getting swapped pretty sharpish.
Anyway I can't really complain at the result and it should make for some great TV in a short while.

WRX
I think an EPAS conversion is on the cards too. Steering was very strange today, almost non existent at standstill and then jerky when at speed.
"Budget" racing lol

WRX
Havingbl had it confirmed that I was on the rally spec AVO coilover, they are swapping them for me. Can't fault that for service. At least that confirms my suspicion of my poor lap times.

WRX
Back at Prescott hillclimb this weekend and what a result! Never expected to come away with any prizes, as we had a packed class of 15 entrants. Nearly punched a hole in the window when I saw my time on the last run today....51.88 Good enough for 3rd in Class,

WRX
Had a phone call from Nigel at AVO, to say that my new coilovers for the black one are there and ready to be swapped over. Just need to book back in with Northampton Motorsport for cornerweighting and geo setup again. No rush as the next definite race for me is at Silverstone in October. Doing the RSUK day at Curborough in Septmeber though, so may use that as a bit of a test.
Hillclimb entry also sent for next event at Shelsley Walsh Aug 20/21.
On hols for 3 weeks now so may get the polish out after I'm back from Murica.

WRX
New coilovers are being fitted next Wednesday.
Highlights from the Donington race. Recorded onto my mobile so not the best but it's there for those that don't have Motors TV.

WRX
20160812_134238_zpsh9xljcbd.jpg

20160812_134300_zpsjh0ao49r.jpg

20160812_134314_zpsljr1nbwb.jpg

20160812_134227_zpst4kmdz6q.jpg

Custom AVOs fitted and setup by Northampton Motorsport. I've also put DS3000s on and very happy with their feel. Also removed the 16mm spacers, as I wasn't happy with how they felt.
Found the sticker that I'm responsible for the slogan, so only fair that that got put on.
20160812_134249_zpscmkrnq7i.jpg

WRX
So no awards at Shelsley but even having missed 3rd gear and just getting neutral, I still managed a PB so at least that was a positive to take away. Prescott again next weekend and then the hillclimb season ends at Loton Park on 24/25th of September. Final CTCRC Pre 05 race is at Silverstone on 8/9th of October then unfortunately the car will be for sale to fund another project.